Wind advisory added to flooding threatFebruary 12, 2019
From Local Sources
Forecasters say the rain will finally stop after today but strong winds will follow behind a cold front.
As of 12 a.m. today, Ferdinand’s 48-hour rainfall total was 1.71 inches. The National Weather Service at Louisville estimated 48-hour rainfall as of 4 a.m. today for the Dubois County area would be between 1 and 3 inches. In addition to about a quarter-inch of additional rain today, there will also be those strong winds. A wind advisory has been issued from 1 p.m. today through 4 a.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters with the National Weather Service say to expect 20 to 25 mph west winds gusting up to 45 mph this afternoon through tonight. That means waterlogged trees or limbs may fall and there could be isolated power outages.
Those winds will bring falling temperatures. The mercury is expected to dip to 38 degrees by 5 p.m. on its way to a low of around 24 degrees.
The National Weather Service says the sun could actually return Wednesday, bringing a high of about 43 degrees.
At last report, the Dubois County Highway Department said high water has left 20 county roadway sections impassable.
Affected roads are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W south of County Road 50N.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• County Road 620W at Dillon Creek.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• Portersville Bridge Road north of the Daviess County bridge.
• County Road 700N east of Portersville Road.
• Dubois Road Northeast south of State Road 56.
• County Road 600N west of County Road 200W.
• Meridian Road south of State Road 162.
• County Road 230S east of State Road 162.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in the Huntingburg area west of County Road 75W.
• County Road 75W south of State Road 64.
• County Road 200W south of Sunset Drive.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...