Who's on primary ballot in Spencer County?May 26, 2020
From Local Sources
Early voting starts Tuesday for the June 2 primary election.
Early voting will take place in one location in Spencer County: the 4-H Youth & Community Center, located at 1101 E. County Road 800N in Chrisney. Early voting times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT Tuesday, May 26, Wednesday, May 27, and Thursday, May 28; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT Friday, May 29; 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT Saturday, May 30; and 9 a.m. to noon CT Monday, June 1.
Voters must present their photo ID to cast a ballot.
The primary ballot is full of candidates. Though some candidates at the national level have already dropped out, their names will still appear because their candidacy wasn’t withdrawn by the Feb. 20 deadline.
Here is a list of candidates on the ballot in Spencer County:
• President: Joseph R. Biden, Michael R. Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang
U.S. Representative District 8: Ron Drake, E. Thomasina Marsili and Mike Webster
• Governor: Woodrow Myers
• State Representative District 75: John Hurley
• Judge 84th Judicial Circuit Court: Jon A. Dartt
• Circuit Court Clerk: Sara J. Arnold
• County Recorder: Jon E. Wright
• County Commissioner District 2: Thomas (Al) Logsdon
• County Commissioner District 3: Vince Luecke
• County Council At-Large (three seats): Bob Compton, Frank Durbin Jr., Blake Voges
• State Convention Delegate At-Large (eight delegates): John Hurley, Leslie Korb, Thomas (Al) Logsdon, Jim Paquette, Nicholas (Cole) Parsley, Thaddeus Scherer, William A. Selzer, Don Spellmeyer, Christine Tanner and Dan Wilkinson
• President: Donald Trump and Bill Weld
• U.S. Representative District 8: Larry Bucshon
• Governor: Eric Holcomb and Brian Roth
• State Representative District 74: Stephen R. Bartels
• State Representative District 75: R. Michael Griffin and Cindy Ledbetter
• Judge 84th Judicial Circuit Court: Victor Ippoliti
• Circuit Court Clerk: Darrell (Heavy) Stephens
• County Recorder: Vicki L. Brauns
• County Treasurer: Elaine Jones
• County Surveyor: David (Red) Faulkenberg
• County Commissioner District 2: Heather Gries
• County Commissioner District 3: Thomas (Tom) Brown
• County Council At-Large (three seats): Aaron Patrick Benton, David J. Gogel and Brian E. Greulich
• State Convention Delegates At-Large (eight delegates): Aaron Patrick Benton, John Burroughs, Debra S. Foertsch, Harold R. Gogel, Brian E. Greulich, Steve Haaff, Michael R. Roos and Jon Winkler
• Precinct Committeeman: Aaron Patrick Benton, Ohio 5; Vicki L. Brauns, Luce 1; David J. Gogel, Carter 1; Michael Johannes, Clay 3; Jane Lynam, Hammond 2; Larry Hart Snyder, Hammond 1; and Jon Winkler, Ohio 4
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Andrea Schwartz is dedicated to helping people live fulfillng lives on their own terms.
The Dubois Branch Library was a welcomed addition to the community. And now, 10 years later, the...
Northeast Dubois Superintendent Bill Hochgesang has enjoyed being superintendent in the school...
Lindsey Welp is a saxophonist performing at 6 p.m. June 25 at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...