Who’s on Dubois County’s primary ballot?May 22, 2020
By CANDY NEAL
The primary election this year is a month later than normal. And early voting is only a week long.
All of this is the direct result of COVID-19.
Early voting starts Tuesday. And Primary Election Day is Tuesday, June 2. Indiana officials made these changes in April.
Early voting will take place in one location in Dubois County: the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper. Any registered voter who has not secured a mail-in ballot can vote at the annex.
Early voting will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26; Thursday, May 28, and Friday, May 29. There will also be early voting from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27; from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 30; and from 8 a.m. to noon Monday, June 1. There will be no voting on Monday, May 25, which is Memorial Day.
Precautions will be taken to help protect voters and poll workers from the virus. Poll workers will have masks, gloves and hand sanitizer, and hand sanitizer will be available to voters, County Clerk Amy Kippenbrock has said.
Voters must present their photo ID to cast a ballot.
The primary ballot is full of candidates. Though some candidates at the national level have already dropped out, their names will still appear because their candidacy wasn’t withdrawn by the Feb. 20 deadline.
Here is a list of candidates on the ballot:
• President: Joseph Biden, Michael Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang
• U.S. Representative District 8: Ron Drake, E. Thomasina Marsili and Mike Webster
• Governor: Woodrow Myers
• State Representative District 63: Teresa Kendall
• Council At-Large: Matt Brosmer, Mikayla Granados, Michael Kendall and Duncan Mathies
• Circuit Judge: Nathan Verkamp
• President: Donald Trump and Bill Weld
• U.S. Representative District 8: Larry Bucshon
• Governor: Eric Holcomb and Brian Roth
• State Representative District 63: Shane Lindauer
• State Representative District 74: Stephen Bartels
• Commissioner District 1: Chad Blessinger
• Commissioner District 3: Nickolas Hostetter
• Council At-Large: Sonya Haas, Mike Kluesner and Doug Uebelhor
• Coroner: Katie Schuck
• Surveyor: Kenneth Brosmer
• Treasurer: Kitty Merkley
There are several people who have filed as delegates for the state Democratic and Republican conventions and for Republican precinct committeemen.
Anyone wanting to look at their ballot can visit www.Indianavoters.com and select “Who’s on my ballot.”
Primary Election Day will be Tuesday, June 2, and there will be a polling place open in each precinct. The same sanitary precautions being taken for early voting will be done for Primary Election Day. Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. that day at the following locations:
• Jasper Middle School, 3600 N. Portersville Road, Jasper: Bainbridge 5N, 5S, 6N, 6S, 7, BNEJAS, Harb 1.
• Jasper Community Arts Center, 951 College Ave., Jasper: Bainbridge 1, 4N, 4S.
• Arnold F. Habig Community Center, 1301 St. Charles St., Jasper: Bainbridge 2E, 2W, 3E, 3W.
• St. Mary Community Center, 2829 N. 500W, Jasper: Boone 1, Mad 1, Mad 2, MADJAS N, MADJAS S.
• Huntingburg Event Center, 110 East 14th St., Huntingburg: Patoka 1, Patoka 2, Patoka 3, Patoka 4, Patoka 5, Patoka 6, Cass 2.
• Holland United Methodist Church, 205 Second Ave., Holland: Cass 1, Cass 3.
• Ferdinand Community Center, 710 Community Dr., Ferdinand: Ferd 1, Ferd 2, Ferd 3.
• Celestine Community Club, 7742 E. Ellsworth Road, Celestine: Hall 1, Marion 2.
• St. Anthony Community Center, 4665 S. Cross St, St Anthony: Jackson 1, Jackson 2, Jefferson 1, Jefferson 2.
• Dubois Middle School, 4550 N. Fourth St, Dubois: Col 1, Harb 2, Marion 1.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...
A new officer has been added to the Huntingburg Police Department.
Tuesday morning, I arrived at the office unsure of what I would write about for the day. An hour...
Lisa Wilson, Purdue Extension Dubois County’s 4-H youth development educator, said she thinks...