What you need to know for Primary Election DayJune 1, 2020
By CANDY NEAL
Tuesday is Primary Election Day.
The state delayed the election by a month due to COVID-19. The week of early voting ended at noon today.
Precautions will be taken Tuesday to help protect voters and poll workers from the virus. At each polling place, poll workers will have masks, gloves and hand sanitizer, and hand sanitizer will be available to voters.
Voters must vote at the polling place designated for their precinct and present their photo ID to cast a ballot. Voters who do not know their voting precinct can check by looking at their voters registration card, checking their registration information online at www.indianavoters.com, or calling the clerk’s office, 812-481-7035.
The polling places for Tuesday’s election are:
• Bainbridge 1, 4N, 4S: Jasper Community Arts Center, 951 College Ave.
• Bainbridge 2E, 2W, 3E, 3W: Arnold F. Habig Community Center, 1301 St. Charles St.
• Bainbridge 5N, 5S, 6N, 6S and 7, Boone-Jasper, Harbison 1: Jasper Middle School, 3600 N. Portersville Road.
• Boone 1, Madison 1 and 2, Madison Jasper North, Madison-Jasper South: St. Mary Community Center, 2829 N. 500W, Jasper.
• Cass 1 and 3: Holland United Methodist Church, 205 Second Ave.
• Cass 2, Patoka 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6: Huntingburg Event Center, 110 East 14th St.
• Columbia 1, Harbison 2, Marion 1: Dubois Middle School, 4550 N. Fourth St.
• Ferdinand 1, 2 and 3: Ferdinand Community Center, 710 Community Dr.
• Hall 1, Marion 2: Celestine Community Club, 7742 E. Ellsworth Road.
• Jackson 1, Jackson 2, Jefferson 1, Jefferson 2: St. Anthony Community Center, 4665 S. Cross St.
Voters must select a ballot to vote in the primary election. For those selecting a Republican ballot, the only race that has a choice on the ballot is U.S. president; and one of the two candidates on the ballot has already suspended his campaign.
Those choosing a Democratic ballot will have to make some choices. For county council at-large, four people are running to fill the three spots to represent the party on the fall ballot. The three that earn those spots will face three Republican incumbents. Three candidates are also vying for the Democratic nomination for District 8 U.S. representative.
And there are several candidates on the ballot for U.S. president, though all but one have dropped out of the race.
Here is a list of candidates on the ballot:
• President: Donald Trump and Bill Weld
• U.S. Representative District 8: Larry Bucshon
• Governor: Eric Holcomb and Brian Roth
• State Representative District 63: Shane Lindauer
• State Representative District 74: Stephen Bartels
• Commissioner District 1: Chad Blessinger
• Commissioner District 3: Nickolas Hostetter
• Council At-Large: Sonya Haas, Mike Kluesner and Doug Uebelhor
• Coroner: Katie Schuck
• Surveyor: Kenneth Brosmer
• Treasurer: Kitty Merkley
• President: Joseph Biden, Michael Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang
• U.S. Representative District 8: Ron Drake, E. Thomasina Marsili and Mike Webster
• Governor: Woodrow Myers
• State Representative District 63: Teresa Kendall
• Council At-Large: Matt Brosmer, Mikayla Granados, Michael Kendall and Duncan Mathies
• Circuit Judge: Nathan Verkamp
There are several people who have filed as delegates for the state Democratic and Republican conventions and precinct committeemen.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.