Letter: We will come out of this strongerMarch 24, 2020
To the editor:
Over the course of the past few weeks, life has changed dramatically right before our eyes. Our communities, that were founded on innovation and hard work, face adversity like we have never experienced in our lifetime. Even when speaking with folks that are in their 80s & 90s, no one has lived through this type of situation.
It has been amazing to see businesses transform within hours and days (and even within the same day). Curbside meals, on-line yoga and dance classes, virtual learning……..The list goes on and on.
Jasper and Dubois County are strong. We are resilient. Together we will come out of this stronger, with more compassion and innovation than ever.
During these tough times – please consider doing one or more of the following to help support the local economy:
1. Purchase a gift card online to use at a later date. This will help the business with cash flow (they still have bills to pay, even though they might be closed).
2. Pick a different business or organization each day and leave them a positive comment on facebook or another form of social media.
3. Engage online with your favorite business – share & comment on their postings.
4. If you have a membership or subscription, try to continue paying, if you can.
5. Order takeout or delivery and leave a tip, if you have the means.
6. Ask a business owner how you can help. This kind gesture can go a long way. Reach out to businesses to see how you can help them now or later.
7. Have a local restaurant deliver to the hospital, police, fire departments……But please check with the service provider to see if they can accept this kindness.
8. Check in on your neighbors to make sure they are doing all right. Call your family and friends to make sure they are ok.
9. Social Distancing does not mean social isolation. Bring your neighbor supplies or food if they need it. Kindness is important!
10. And please, if you are sick, stay home!!
We may not be able to control much of what is happening around us, but we can control how we come together as a community. Let’s continue to stay positive, check in on one another and continue to support our local businesses, now and into the future.
And please let the Jasper Chamber of Commerce know how we can be of assistance, by contacting me directly at: email@example.com or 812-482-6866.
— Nancy Eckerle
Jasper Chamber Director
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...
A fire at the Hoosier Hills Marina at Patoka Lake engulfed nearly a dozen houseboats Friday...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 11 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Despite almost a half-foot of snow and freezing weather, plans to raze the Tenth Street...