Warrant charges strangulation, intimidationFebruary 7, 2019
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Police took a Huntingburg man into custody Wednesday night on a Dubois Circuit Court warrant charging him with Level 6 felony strangulation and intimidation and a misdemeanor count of domestic battery.
Those charges stem from a Friday night incident in which the Huntingburg Police Department was called at 10:57 p.m. to apartments in the 300 block of North Chestnut Street regarding a reported domestic with strangulation that had just occurred.
The female victim told police the male suspect, Nery Alfredo Ayala Castillo, 27, 303 N. Washington St., Huntingburg, had left on foot with an unknown direction of travel.
Police said the victim declined medical treatment at the scene.
Castillo was not immediately located despite an extensive search of the area.
Police continued with their investigation, which resulted in the issuance of an arrest warrant Tuesday evening.
Huntingburg officers located Castillo at his residence and took him into custody at 10 p.m. Wednesday with the assistance of the Dubois County Sheriff’s Department.
After questioning at the Huntingburg Police Station, Castillo was transported to the Dubois County Security Center and booked at 10:57 p.m. He is being held on a $750 bond.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The journey of milk from cow to ice cream cone is a short one in Dubois County, and it’s a...
With a new comprehensive plan approved, City of Jasper officials, board members and employees...
When Ronaldo Diaz Rodriguez and his nephew, Yonluy Alejo Acosta, immigrated to the United...
Tracy Lorey, superintendent of the Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, was put in the spotlight...
The walls of Lucille (Baker) Rudolph’s room at Jasper’s Northwood Retirement Community are...
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...