Voters to have decisions on primary ballotFebruary 10, 2020
By CANDY NEAL
Voters will have some choices to make on their primary ballot this year.
Those choices will help shape some runoff in the Nov. 3 General Election, with candidates vying for county, state and national positions.
The filing period for the May 5 Primary Election closed at noon Friday.
Voters who choose a Democratic ballot will select three candidates as their party’s nominations for the three county council at-large seats on this year’s ballot. Their choices are Matt Brosmer, Mikayla Granados, Michael Kendall and Duncan Mathies.
Democrats will also choose a U.S. representative District 8 nominee from Ron Drake, E. Thomasina Marsili and Mike Webster. And they will select a U.S. presidential candidate from a field of nine on the ballot, at the moment: Joseph Biden, Michael Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang.
On the Republican ballot, voters will choose their candidate for U.S. president between Donald Trump and Bill Weld.
Although both Eric Holcomb and Brian Roth have both filed for the Republican nomination for Indiana governor, state party delegates will select their party’s candidate for governor and for attorney general. This will happen this summer during each party’s state convention.
Here is a list of those who have filed for office according to the state’s listing of “2020 Primary Election Candiates.”
• U.S. President: Joseph Biden, Michael Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang
• U.S. Representative District 8: Ron Drake, E. Thomasina Marsili and Mike Webster
• Indiana Governor: Woodrow Myers
• State Representative District 63: Teresa Kendall
• County Council At-Large: Matt Brosmer, Mikayla Granados, Michael Kendall and Duncan Mathies
• Circuit Judge: Nathan Verkamp
• U.S. President: Donald Trump and Bill Weld
• U.S. Representative District 8: Larry Bucshon
• Indiana Governor: Eric Holcomb and Brian Roth
• State Representative District 63: Shane Lindauer
• State Representative District 74: Stephen Bartels
• County Commissioner District 1: Chad Blessinger
• County Commissioner District 3: Nickolas Hostetter
• County Council At-Large: Sonya Haas, Mike Kluesner and Doug Uebelhor
• County Coroner: Katie Schuck
• County Surveyor: Kenneth Brosmer
• County Treasurer: Kitty Merkley
There are several people who have filed as delegates for the state Democratic and Republican conventions and for Republican precinct committeemen.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday one more COVID-19-related death in...
Despite the pandemic, the town of Ferdinand had a pretty good year in 2020, Town Council...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.
The Dubois County Health Department, in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack