Vaping triggers Ferdinand hotel’s alarm systemAugust 29, 2018
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm activation Monday night at a Ferdinand hotel.
There was no fire associated with the 10:02 p.m. callout to the Comfort Inn, 123 Scenic Hills Court, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans. Instead, he added, a man was found to be using an e-cigarette and the vapor created set off the fire alarm.
Firefighters cleaned the smoke detector and successfully reset the system.
Three trucks and 15 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...