TV burns in Huntingburg truck’s bedJune 22, 2020
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a vehicle fire Saturday afternoon.
The 1:53 p.m. callout sent firefighters to 107 S. Geiger St.
Department Fire Investigator John C. Smith said firefighters found a fire in the bed of a 1999 Chevrolet pickup truck owned by Jose R. Martinez of the Geiger Street address. Specifically, Smith said, a large, older model console television was on fire.
The TV was loaded onto the truck for disposal and Smith said it is thought the cause of the fire involved electronic components inside the unit.
The fire caused heat damage to the truck’s paint, light fixtures and rear glass seals.
There were no injuries.
Three trucks and nine firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
The Huntingburg Police Department assisted.
Smith said the department was called out again at 4:21 p.m. Sunday when a pole was reported on fire in the Vectren substation in the 6500 block of South County Road 500W.
Firefighters established a perimeter at the site after identifying some wire that have have caused sparking on a pole.
A Vectren crew arrived to address the issue.
Three trucks and 15 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported no new COVID-19 cases today.
Following monthslong fermatas, the collective steps and sounds of marching bands are filling...
The Dubois County Health Department reported 15 new cases of COVID-19 in the county Tuesday —...
I watched “Jaws.” Again. It’s my summer tradition; every summer is my summer of the shark.
Organized by Dubois County Youth Livestock Supporters Inc., the 2020 Dubois County Youth...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 15 new COVID-19 cases.
The courts are starting up jury trials again. But doing that safely might mean holding them...
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...