Trump offers condolences after death of LugarApril 30, 2019
By The Associated Press
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is offering his condolences following the death of longtime Indiana Sen. Richard Lugar.
Trump says in a statement Monday that he and first lady Melania Trump extend their “deepest condolences to the citizens of Indiana and the entire Lugar family following the loss of a great American and public servant.”
Trump is calling Lugar “a proud Hoosier and patriot” and says he “leaves behind a long record of legislative accomplishments and a tremendous legacy of service.”
The statement was sent along with a photo of Trump meeting with Lugar in the Oval Office last June.
Lugar was a leading Republican voice on foreign policy during his 36 years in the Senate. He died Sunday at age 87 at a hospital in Virginia.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?
Late last week, after a roughly two-month statewide shutdown, fitness facilities received the...
Work to make Sendelweck Curve less curvy will likely start this fall.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today no new COVID-19 cases in the county.
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...