Trial set to begin in McDonald’s drive-thru slayingAugust 6, 2018
By The Associated Press
BEDFORD — The trial of a southern Indiana man charged with killing another man in a McDonald’s drive-thru is set to begin.
The Bloomington Herald Times reports that jury selection will start Tuesday, with opening statements expected Friday.
Court records have been sealed in the case. But an attorney for 23-year-old Evan Schaffer previously said he acted in self-defense when he shot 25-year-old Justin Lampkins, of Bloomington.
Lawrence County Chief Public Defender David Shircliff says the former Marine grabbed Schaffer’s throat and was about to hit him with a weapon before Schaffer shot him outside the Bedford restaurant.
Police say Schaffer fled the scene but was arrested a short while later.
The Orleans man is also is charged with battery and carrying a handgun without a license.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For 125 years, L.H. Sturm and his descendants have been operating a hardware store on The...
The Dubois County Health Department confirmed today three new cases of COVID-19, bringing the...
Residents began moving into the River Centre's apartments a couple of weeks ago
The Indiana Department of Education released today its guidelines for schools reopening for the...
Jasper’s annual Chalk Walk won’t take over the city’s Courthouse Square this summer....
The Dubois County Health Department confirmed today two new cases of COVID-19, bringing the...
When voters within the Southeast Dubois County School Corporation go to the polls in November, a...
About 40 people gathered at the Maple Grove Campground Wednesday evening to pray. They prayed...