Trailer fire displaces Otwell couple

From Local Sources

OTWELL — A Wednesday morning fire totaled an Otwell trailer, displacing the couple living there.

“What wasn’t damaged by the fire was damaged by heat and smoke,” said Jefferson Township Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chris Young.

The fire department based in Otwell was called to the 9913 E. McKinley St. residence of Barbara and George Milford at 5:20 a.m.

The property owners were present and discovered the fire in one end of the single-wide trailer. That end of the residence occupied as a bedroom was completely in flames when the department arrived, according to Young.

The cause of the blaze has yet to be determined and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office is assisting in an investigation, according to Young.

There were no injuries and the American Red Cross was called to assist the couple.

Four trucks and 17 firefighters from Jefferson Township responded. The Petersburg Volunteer Fire Department also assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com