Torrential rain spawns floodingJune 17, 2019
From Local Sources
Various streets and roadways became impassable and people had to be assisted from stalled out vehicles after torrential rain storms raked across the county Sunday evening.
Jasper’s official rain gauge caught 4.02 inches of precipitation for Sunday and Huntingburg’s caught 7.9 inches. Other precipitation totals for Sunday were 3.9 inches at Patoka Lake and 3.1 inches in Ferdinand.
The Dubois County Highway Department listed 24 roadways blocked by high water today.
Those high-water roads are:
• County Road 150N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 175E north of County Road 300N.
• County Road 600N east of Kellerville Road.
• Dubois Road Northeast south of State Road 56.
• County Road 600N west of County Road 200W.
• Meridian Road south of State Road 162.
• St. Anthony Road West south of Schnellville Road.
• County Road 230S east of State Road 162.
• County Road 300N west of County Road 175E.
• County Road 175E south of County Road 300N.
• Harts Gravel Road at Kings Ridge Road.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• Old Road 64 west of Patoka Road.
• East First Street in Huntingburg west of County Road 75W.
• County Road 75W south of State Road 64.
• County Road 200W south of Sunset Drive.
• Ferdinand Road Northwest at two locations east of County Road 200W.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Jasper Community Arts will present a performance by the McNasty Brass Band at 7:30 p.m. Saturday...
About 20 veterans shared about themselves and their service at Southridge High School’s...
A Dubois County Airport Authority board member died last month and his fellow board members...
As with Veterans Day itself, the numbers associated with World War II infantryman Louis Schmidt...
It’s all over. After countless hours of practice in the blistering heat and freezing cold,...
Bill Pfister continues his long and complicated search for a kidney.
Anderson Peters died Monday at age 16 when his heart gave out due to hypertrophic...
North Park Cinemas, a family owned and operated theater group based in Evansville, has...