Three Pointers: Raiders, Pats to meet TuesdayDecember 15, 2020
Jasper’s game are canceled for the next two weeks, but let’s take a look at some of the games the other schools are having this week.
Heritage Hills (5-1, 2-0) at Southridge (4-4, 3-2) (Girls)
7 p.m., Tuesday, Huntingburg Memorial Gym
Last Meeting: Heritage Hills defeated Southridge, 48-21, Dec. 17, 2019.
1. Both Southridge and Heritage Hills will be going into this game looking to build off of last week’s successes. The Raiders came away with a 55-39 win Dec. 8 against North Posey, and 49-37 Thursday at Pike Central. The Pats, meanwhile, topped Forest Park, 57-47.
2. This game will have no shortage of star power in Southridge junior Myah Montgomery against Heritage Hills senior Rebekah Gordon. Montgomery combined for 46 points in her team’s two games last week, while Gordon dropped a team-high 16 points on Forest Park.
3. Both teams are above .500 in the Pocket Athletic Conference this year. Montgomery will also see her first action against the Pats since she tore her ACL early against them last year. Such an injury forced her to miss the remainder of her sophomore season.
Forest Park (Girls)
Boonville (5-5, 3-1) at Forest Park (7-2, 3-2), 7 p.m., Buechler Arena, Tuesday
Last Meeting: Forest Park defeated Boonville, 61-44, Dec. 28, 2015
1. Forest Park girls began their season 7-0, but have dropped their last two games, both against Pocket Athletic Conference opponents. They’ll play their third straight PAC game today in hopes of turning that around.
2. Forest Park is also home for the first time in almost a month. Nov. 17 was the last time the Rangers played at Buechler Arena, getting a 56-53 win against Gibson Southern. They have since played seven games, all on the road.
3. Rangers coach Tony Hasenour told the Herald after Thursday’s loss to the Patriots that ball movement was a common theme in their two defeats. Forest Park will get a look at junior Alaysha Brandenberger of the Pioneers, who has averaged more than 20 points per game her first two years.
Northeast Dubois (Girls)
Opponent: vs. Evansville Christian, 7 p.m., Tuesday
1. Northeast Dubois hasn’t seen too much action in the past month, with the Jeeps having just one game since Nov. 19. However, they made the most of the one game they did have, rolling to an 89-14 win Dec. 1 against Cannelton.
2. They have since had two games postponed last week. The Jeeps were supposed to renew their country rivalry Thursday at Jasper, but Jasper has cancelled all extracurricular activities for the next two weeks. Jasper athletics won’t start practicing again until Dec. 28.
3. Northeast Dubois began the season 3-0, only to lose each of its next three games, and then pick up a massive win against the Bulldogs. The Jeeps had an 18-point performance from junior Hadley Fuhrman, 16 from senior Jazlyn Sander and 15 points from sophomore Reagan Knies.
Heritage Hills (Boys)
Opponent: at Crawford County, 8 p.m., Friday
Last Meeting: Heritage Hills won, 59-41, Dec. 20, 2019
1. Heritage Hills is off to its first 4-0 start since the Patriots began the 2017-18 season 6-0, when their current seniors were freshmen. The Pats fell to Evansville Memorial, 66-57, in their first game of the sectional that year.
2. The Pats have a pair of road games this week, also Saturday at Pocket Athletic Conference rival Mount Vernon (Posey). The Pats are 1-0 in the PAC, after besting North Posey, 62-37 Dec. 11. Jan. 8 against Gibson Southern is the next scheduled home game for Heritage Hills.
3. Senior big man Blake Sisley made more history when he pulled down 11 rebounds against the Vikings, passing Ken Dilger as the team’s all-time leading rebounder, and now has 569. The University of Evansville signee dropped 22 points on North Posey, then 21 the next day against Jasper.
Opponent: vs. Shoals, 10:30 a.m., Baird Winter Classic, Huntingburg Memorial Gym, Saturday
Last Meeting: Southridge won, 88-59, Dec. 20, 2019
1. The Baird Winter Classic is set to be held on Saturday at Huntingburg Gym. Southridge will take on Shoals in the first game, while Bloomfield and Christian Academy will square off in the latter game. The losers will go to consolation, the winners will play for the championship.
2. The Raiders did not have star senior Colson Montgomery when they took down Pike Central, 49-38, Dec. 12. So, other members of the team brought it when senior Sam Sermersheim recorded 24 points, and junior Carter Whitehead notched 14.
3. Speaking of Montgomery, he had a record-setting performance against the Jug Rox almost a year ago to the day on Saturday when he went off to the tune of 41 points to set a new Southridge boys record, breaking his old one of 39 points.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Jasper tied the game late Saturday night against Washington, but the Hatchets used free throws...
Southridge reeled off a wire-to-wire 56-39 win against Henryville on Saturday.
Winter is a wonderful time for a float trip.
When Mikah Goeppner takes the court inside Memorial Gym, her childhood memories manifest into...
What started off as a close game turned out to be anything but when Forest Park dropped a 78-51...
Northeast Dubois fell shy of victory on Friday in a 50-47 loss to Paoli.
Jasper honored its 17 seniors for senior night in the pool on Thursday, and the Wildcats made an...
The last time Cameron Banks played in a Heritage Hills varsity basketball game was on Dec. 7,...