Three Pointers: Local teams preparing for regionalsMarch 8, 2021
By Herald Staff
Southridge and Heritage Hills will participate in regionals this week. Here’s a glance at our teams.
Opponent: Versus Paoli at Southridge, Saturday, 10 a.m.
Last Meeting: Paoli defeated Southridge, 48-44, Jan. 21, 2017.
1. Southridge senior Colson Montgomery rattled off 26 first-half points in the 58-44 victory against South Spencer on March 6. Montgomery finished with a game-high 38 points.
2. Opponents are scoring just 45.6 points per game against Southridge this season. On March 5, the Raiders held North Posey to 10 first-half points in their 43-33 win over the Vikings.
3. The Raiders will play in the friendly confines of Memorial Gym on Saturday. Southridge has won its last four games played in the gymnasium, including a 42-24 regular-season victory over Boonville on Feb. 25.
Opponent: Versus Silver Creek at Washington, Saturday, 10:30 a.m.
Last Meeting: Silver Creek beat Heritage Hills, 82-78 (OT), Dec. 28, 2019.
1. Heritage Hills earned back-to-back sectional championships with its 54-32 win over Boonville last Saturday. The Patriots have now won 11 sectionals, but have never won a regional championship.
2. On March 5, Pats senior Blake Sisley scored 40 points in a 62-51 victory over Evansville Bosse. Sisley now has scored 480 points this season. He trails only the 495 points scored by Tim Denning in 1997-98 for the Pats’ single-season boys scoring record.
3. If Heritage Hills wins two games on Saturday, Nate Hawkins would clinch his 100th win as the Pats’ head coach. Hawkins stands at 162-47 all-time. He is 98-21 in five seasons at Heritage Hills.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
It is good to leave young wildlife alone.
In a pitcher's duel that went extra frames, Northeast Dubois junior Colby Pieper got the...
Forest Park remained undefeated Thursday night.
Jasper softball improved to 8-0 Wednesday with a run-rule of Washington.
Errors and leaving runners in scoring position proved detrimental to Southridge on Wednesday.
Long live nights like Tuesday.
Jasper earned a county rival win Tuesday at Southridge with a 3-1 score.
In a dual of two undefeated teams, Jasper's boys and girls come out on top Monday at Heritage...