Three Pointers: County girls get back to it TuesdayNovember 17, 2020
Here's a look at upcoming local girls basketball games for our teams.
Opponent: At Evansville Bosse, 8:00 p.m., Tuesday
1. The Wildcats will try to get their first win of the season today when they visit Southern Indiana Athletic Conference rival Evansville Bosse. Jasper hopes to bounce back from its 60-32 loss to Heritage Hills on Saturday.
2. This is the first of two games the Wildcats will be having this week — both on the road and both conference games. They will also play on Saturday at Evansville Memorial. Jasper didn’t play Bosse last year, but lost to Memorial, 57-43.
3. Senior Emma Shelton led the way for Jasper on Saturday by notching 14 points against the Patriots, while fellow senior Hannah Schwenk dropped nine points. The pair combined to drain a trio of threes, and Jasper went four-for-six from the free throw line as a team.
Opponent: vs. Evansville Mater Dei, 8:00 p.m., Tuesday
Last season: Southridge won, 48-41
1. Southridge lost its first two games this season, but that changed on Saturday on the final day of the Corydon Central Tournament. The Raiders played Crawford County and pulled off a 44-16 win against the Wolfpack.
2. This will be Southridge’s home opener. The Raiders were supposed to play Perry Central Nov. 3 at home, but that game got postponed. Southridge managed to come away with a win in last year’s home opener with a 41-34 win against Paoli.
3. Stepping up in the scoring production for Southridge these past two games is senior Kennedy Nalley. She dropped 16 in a losing effort to Lanesville on Friday at Corydon, and added 13 more points against Crawford County. Junior Myah Montgomery scored 15 on the Wolfpack.
Forest Park (2-0, 1-0)
Opponent: vs. Gibson Southern, 8:00 p.m., Tuesday
Last season: Gibson Southern won, 67-40, Nov. 19, 2019
1. The Rangers are off to a 2-0 start this year, winning both of their games by double digits. Forest Park has found some players to step up in the early going after losing five seniors to graduation last year.
2. Forest Park has shown some variety in its two wins thus far. Sophomores Carley Begle and Lydia Betz notched 18 and 16 points, respectively, to come away with a Nov. 5 win against Tell City. Another sophomore, Amber Tretter, scored 15 on Nov. 12 against Springs Valley.
3. The Rangers will be going against defending Pocket Athletic Conference champion Gibson Southern. Some of Forest Park’s players this year got a taste of the Titans last year when Tretter had a team-high nine points, and Begle scored eight.
Northeast Dubois (3-2, 2-0)
Opponent: At South Knox, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday
Last Year: South Knox won, 56-37, Nov. 19, 2019
1. Northeast Dubois took a couple of losses on Saturday in the Corydon Central Tournament. However, the Jeeps got off to their first 3-0 start since the 2012-13 season, and are currently undefeated in the Blue Chip Conference.
2. Despite taking a pair of losses, the Jeeps saw production in quite a few players. Sophomores Rhylan Kalb and Reagan Knies had 13 points and nine points, respectively in a 57-41 loss to Corydon Central, and senior Jazlyn Sander had 11.
3. The Jeeps got production from Kalb and Sander in the second game — a 51-38 loss to Boonville. Kalb scored 14 points, while Sander dropped 13. Northeast Dubois showed it had range on Saturday by shooting a combined 12 3-pointers through the two games.
Heritage Hills (3-0)
Opponent: vs. Evansville Harrison, 8:00 p.m., Thursday
Last Year: Heritage Hills won, 67-30
1. The Patriots are 3-0 for the second time in three years. The 2018-19 Pats started 6-0, and five of its first six wins came by double digits. This year’s team has run by its three opponents with a combined score of 195-97.
2. Senior Rebekah Gordon will look to keep things going her way after she scored a team record 41 points in the 85-42 win Nov. 12 against Evansville Reitz, and dropped her 1,000th career point Saturday in a 60-32 win at Jasper.
3. Junior Hadley Lytton also balled out in a big way against the Wildcats — scoring 17 points, to go with nine assists, five steals and nine deflections. She dropped 12 points, four rebounds and four assists against the Panthers, too.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Jasper snapped its three-game losing streak on Tuesday.
Here’s a look at the last of the regular season games for our teams this week.
One thing that Jasper coach John Goebel has learned this season is that he can’t take winning...
Southridge has turned it around — from last season and earlier this season.
Drew Howard scored his 1,000th point Tuesday as Forest Park won its seventh straight game.
Jasper did more than win a third straight boys sectional championship on Saturday — it ran...
Southridge dropped a close one on senior night.
Jasper honored its five seniors Friday night: Caleb Burger, Isaac Heim, Andrew Wallace, William...