Suspect releases 2 hostages in standoffDecember 4, 2020
By The Associated Press
BRAZIL — A suspect wanted by authorities released two hostages but remained holed up during an hours-long standoff with police in western Indiana on Thursday.
Chief Shawn Keen of the Terre Haute Police Department released a statement Thursday afternoon saying the Vigo County Drug Task Force and U.S. Marshal’s Service Task Force attempted to make contact with the suspect about 10:30 a.m. at a room at a Best Western hotel near Interstate 70 in Clay County.
“After announcing their presence, a shot was fired through the door from inside the room," Keen said.
Negotiators won the release of a female and juvenile from inside the room, Keen said. Negotiations were continuing at 1:30 p.m.
No injuries were reported to any officer or the suspect, he said.
Police have made no public statements so far.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack
The Indiana General Assembly is working on several bills in response to COVID-19’s...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday two more COVID-19-related...
Four-year-old Charlie Schnarr of Jasper was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare type of...
Susan Gossett wants more people to be able to go to faraway places right in the comfort of their...
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts created when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 44 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.