Students receive ministry of acolyte at Saint MeinradFebruary 19, 2021
By Herald Staff
ST. MEINRAD — Eighteen priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology in St. Meinrad received the ministry of acolyte on Feb. 18 in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel. President-Rector Fr. Denis Robinson, OSB, installed the acolytes.
The seminarians receiving the ministry were:
• Joseph Austin, Neil Blatchford and Andrew Crabtree, Diocese of Knoxville, Tennessee
• Fraternus Mujwahuki Fidelis, OSB, Hanga Abbey
• Christopher Grief, Diocese of Owensboro, Kentucky
• Zachary Halloran, Andrew Williams and Thomas LaPointe, Archdiocese of Mobile, Alabama
• Tyler Huber, Jose Neri and Jack Wright, Archdiocese of Indianapolis
• Devereaux King, Archdiocese of Nassau, Bahamas
• Ha Van Nguyen, Hien Van Nguyen and Tuan Van Nguyen, Diocese of Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
• Deogratias Satu, OSB, Mvimwa Abbey
• Hung Tran, Archdiocese of Hanoi
• John Wilebski III, Diocese of Crookston, Minnesota
An acolyte assists a deacon or priest, primarily in the celebration of Mass. He attends to the needs of the altar and may distribute Communion as an auxiliary minister. He also may be entrusted with the public veneration of the Blessed Sacrament, but does not give the Benediction, which is reserved for a priest or deacon.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Gabriella Werner, the 17-year-old daughter of Greg and Rachael Werner of Huntingburg is the...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center announced that the next recipient of the DAISY Award is...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center announced the next recipient of the GARDENER Award is...