Stovetop food smokes, triggers alarmMarch 31, 2020
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded late Saturday morning to an alarm activation at The Lofts at St. Joseph’s, 1900 Medical Arts Drive.
Department Fire Investigator John C. Smith said the 11:52 a.m. callout resulted when a first-floor apartment occupant inadvertently overcooked food on the stovetop. The smoke triggered the alarm, he said.
Firefighters vented the smoke and successfully reset the system.
There was no damage.
Four trucks and 15 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dr. Frank Hopkins has been named the 2021 Little Company of Mary Outstanding Physician Award...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday nine new COVID-19 cases in...
The Dubois County Museum is hosting a party from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Thursday for the special...
As a boy, Bob McCarty saw the world through a varied lens. He used the camera lens to display...
Cassie (Gehlhausen) Williams will be Cedar Crest Intermediate School’s principal next school year.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on Friday.
Don Lichlyter was known for the dozens of benefits and fundraisers he organized for people...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported one new COVID-19 case in Dubois County on Thursday.