Stove knob leads to gas-leak reportDecember 3, 2019
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Two occupants were treated on scene after a Saturday night report of a possible gas leak at a Ferdinand house configured into a duplex.
The 8:15 p.m. callout sent the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department to 1620 Main St. where authorities determined a stove knob left cracked open had released some natural gas, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans.
The fire department helped ventilate the house before leaving.
Three trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services, the Ferdinand Police Department and the Dubois County Sheriff’s Office assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...
As Dubois County Habitat for Humanity is planning the dedication of its newest home, it has set...
Sickbert was chosen out of an applicant pool of 83 candidates from all four high schools in...
At a national level, Builders Club aims to engage students ages 11 to 14 in service and...
While Christmas tree farms close across the state, the Scherles are pushing ahead.
The owners of Linda’s Nails have a lot of experience in the nail business.
Nestled in a dimly lit, cozy room on the second floor of the J. Herman building in Ferdinand,...
Eugene DeMotte is glad he served 20 years in the U.S. Army. But it wasn’t easy. There was a...