State updates COVID-19 testing guidelinesMarch 19, 2020
From Local Sources
The Indiana State Department of Health has issued updated testing guidelines for COVID-19.
Testing swabs and viral transport medium remain in short supply across the country. According to a Dubois County Health Department press release, ISDH will continue to focus on testing the highest-risk patients to provide a fast turnaround time.
Most people with mild symptoms do not need to be tested and should follow the self-isolation guidelines established by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ISDH supplies all the needed collection materials to providers and will not accept a specimen that has not been approved prior to collection.
The latest guidelines are as follows:
1. Patient requiring hospitalization with fever and lower respiratory symptoms, constituting:
• Admission to the hospital due to complications of their acute respiratory illness.
2. Healthcare workers (impatient, outpatient, nursing home, and other long-term service facilities) and EMS staff who provide direct patient care to at risk patients:
• Symptomatic with fever and lower respiratory symptoms and in their role has potential or unknown exposure to at risk patients.
3. Long-term care facility residents or prison/jail residents and staff (who have direct contact with patients or inmates):
• Symptomatic with fever and respiratory illness or otherwise no known COVID-19 contact.
4. Persons experiencing homelessness:
• Symptomatic with fever and respiratory illness and otherwise no known COVID-19 contact.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms a third positive case of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
There is significant concern that many people are not taking the recommendations and guidelines...
Kimball Electronics produces pieces other companies use to assemble medical devices, and due to...
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 273 additional Hoosiers have...
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 290 additional Hoosiers have...
Indiana State Department of Health announced today the second positive case of COVID-19 for a...
Kimball International announced today that all active, full-time U.S. manufacturing employees...
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...