State reports 79 COVID-19 cases, none in countyMarch 20, 2020
From local sources
Dubois County has no confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to a press release sent this morning from the Dubois County Health Department. The state has a total of 79 positive cases as of 10 a.m. today. There have been two deaths from the novel coronavirus, and 554 Hoosiers have been tested, according to the report.
However, in a video statement posted to Memorial Hospital’s Facebook page Thursday afternoon, the hospital’s chief medical officer, Dr. Stan Tretter, said that “as physicians, we believe the numbers throughout Indiana and the United States may be skewed based on the limited number of tests that have been performed because of the testing guidelines from the Department of Health.”
He added that screening guidelines continue to change.
The Dubois County Health Department and Memorial Hospital are required to follow the Indiana State Department of Health guidelines, which are:
1. Patient requiring hospitalization with fever and lower respiratory symptoms, constituting:
• Admission to the hospital due to complications of their acute respiratory illness.
2. Healthcare workers (impatient, outpatient, nursing home and other long-term service facilities) and EMS staff who provide direct patient care to at-risk patients:
• Symptomatic with fever and lower respiratory symptoms and in their role has potential or unknown exposure to at-risk patients.
3. Long-term care facility residents or prison/jail residents and staff (who have direct contact with patients or inmates):
• Symptomatic with fever and respiratory illness or otherwise no known COVID-19 contact.
4. Persons experiencing homelessness:
• Symptomatic with fever and respiratory illness and otherwise no known COVID-19 contact.
The county health department is stressing prevention, and advised the community to implement social distancing, self-isolation and good hand washing to prevent infection of the virus.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Organized by Dubois County Youth Livestock Supporters Inc., the 2020 Dubois County Youth...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 15 new COVID-19 cases.
The courts are starting up jury trials again. But doing that safely might mean holding them...
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new COVID-19 cases.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.