Spray booth filters spontaneously combust

From Local Sources

JASPER — Members of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department brought out firefighting foam this morning when discarded spray booth filters spontaneously combusted inside a metal trash bin behind the Kimball Hospitality plant at 1180 E. 16th St.

The department was called to the special waste bin at the location at 4:49 a.m. after employees noticed the fire.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said the waste-handling company that disposes of the used filters was contacted and there was no damage.

Three trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene for an hour.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com