Sparking pole brings out firefighters

From Local Sources

JASPER — An issue with a power pole Tuesday evening sent the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department to the area of Gun Club Road and Third Avenue.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said the 7:04 p.m. call involved a sparking cutout fuse that started a small grass fire.

Dubois County Sheriff’s Office deputies provided traffic control while firefighters extinguished a 4-foot-by-6-foot area of flames. The personnel then stood by while a Dubois Rural Electric Cooperative crew replaced the failed cutout.

Two trucks and 24 firefighters were on the scene 34 minutes.

 




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com