Smoldering wires bring out Jasper firefighters

From Local Sources

JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to a rental residence in the 4400 block of Baden Strasse after occupants detected the strong odor of something burning Sunday morning.

Firefighters traced the problem to smoldering wires in a laundry room breaker box, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.

The power was cut to the box until a contractor could make repairs.

Five trucks and 21 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com