Smoke reported inside Ferdinand storeJuly 22, 2020
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — A Tuesday morning report of smoke inside the Dollar General store at 1801 State Road 162 drew a response by the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department.
Fire Chief John Hoppenjans said the department arrived to a haze of smoke inside the building but no fire. The smoke was believed to have come from a belt in an air conditioning unit.
Firefighters ventilated the building and advised staff to have a service company fix the issue.
Three trucks and 10 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...
A fire at the Hoosier Hills Marina at Patoka Lake engulfed nearly a dozen houseboats Friday...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 11 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Despite almost a half-foot of snow and freezing weather, plans to raze the Tenth Street...