Smoke noticed at Jasper apartmentsOctober 8, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded early Saturday to the report of smoke sighted at a north-side apartment complex.
Staff at the Timbers of Jasper who stepped outside and noticed smoke at nearby apartments called authorities at 3:21 a.m. to an apartment complex at 502 Village Court, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.
Jasper Police Department officers who were first on the scene found a man outside a unit where food had been left cooking on a stove, Hochgesang said.
Another male who was still asleep inside was located and evacuated.
Firefighters ventilated smoke from the unit. There was no damage.
Four trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Teens at local high schools donned orange this week to bring awareness to an issue that on...
The planners behind a Dubois County summer festival have a new person at the helm.
Immigration lawyer Christine Popp travels from Bloomington to Dubois County to help immigrants...
Amy Morris picked up five quesadillas for herself and her Rural King coworkers. Santiago Nunez...
A member of the Indiana State Police at the Jasper Post is being recognized for reaching a...
The route options for the proposed Mid-States Corridor will be discussed at public meetings next...
The banging of hammers echoed down the hall at the Center for Technology, Innovation and...
For struggling teen parents, managing school and raising a child is hard. To help, Jasper High...