Skunk aroma brings out firefightersJanuary 29, 2019
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded early Sunday when a couple was awakened by a strong odor inside their home.
The 2:03 a.m. call sent the department to the Scott and Connie O’Brien residence at 1604 E. Sixth St.
Fire Chief Scott Patberg said a skunk must have sprayed right outside the O’Brien home and the residence’s furnace apparently brought the foul smell inside the dwelling.
Immediately after being awakened, Patberg said, the residents were not sure what the smell was and thought something could be burning or overheating.
Four trucks and 10 firefighters were on scene for about 30 minutes.
The Huntingburg Police Department assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...