Singed plates bring Jasper firefighter responseFebruary 26, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Paper plates that had been accidentally left on a stove top when a burner was activated sent the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department to a group home in the 4000 block of Westfall Court Saturday afternoon.
There was no damage and the small amount of smoke associated with the 2:47 p.m. callout soon dissipated, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.
Three trucks and 18 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
On Thursday evening, Hochgesang said, four trucks had rolled to a home in the 300 block of Bret Court on Jasper’s west side but that 6:49 p.m. alarm was soon chalked up to a defective detector.
Four trucks and 24 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...