Sewer gas smell elicits response

From Local Sources

DUBOIS — The Dubois Volunteer Fire Department responded to a residence in the 5300 block of Jackson Street at 4:58 a.m. Monday when the smell of sewer gas was reported in the home.

Firefighters arrived to discover that a sewer vent pipe had come apart, causing the smell, according to Fire Chief Steve Kalb. The occupants, who did not require medical attention, were going to remain out of the home until the problem was fixed.

The department ventilated the home with one truck and 10 firefighters on the scene 30 minutes.

Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com