School project goes up in flamesMarch 10, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — Work on a school project resulted in a short-lived fire inside a garage on Jasper’s west side Sunday night.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department was called to the Justin and Abbie Rumbach residence at 1650 Gregory Lane at 8:50 p.m.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said a juvenile, supervised by her mother, was working on a school project that involved a mannequin and a toga inside the garage.
The juvenile’s mother stepped inside the house for a moment, and when she did, the daughter’s use of a lighter accidentally caught the mannequin and the sheet on fire.
Hochgesang said the mother, alerted to the fire, used a garden hose to extinguish the flames that melted the mannequin. There was smoke but no other damage, according to the chief.
One truck and 24 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes, with two additional trucks on standby.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...
A fire at the Hoosier Hills Marina at Patoka Lake engulfed nearly a dozen houseboats Friday...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 11 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Despite almost a half-foot of snow and freezing weather, plans to raze the Tenth Street...