Reutman, McPherron in race for county recorderOctober 30, 2018
By LEANN BURKE
Voters will cast their votes for several county positions this year, including county recorder.
The recorder is responsible for maintaining a long list of public documents and helping people find official documents. Most notably, the recorder maintains documents having to do with property ownership in the county.
This election, Democrat Gail (Hasenour) Reutman and Republican Jaclyn “Jackie” McPherron put their names on the ticket.
Reutman is a Dubois County native and has worked in the recorder’s office as the first deputy for the last four years. She previously worked for Dubois County Title Co. where she learned how to search for property documents and fell in love with the work.
“It’s intriguing because it’s like a puzzle,” Reutman said.
Reutman is a member of the Indiana Recorders Association and has attended numerous educational classes related to the recorder’s office.
If elected, Reutman plans to continue converting older deeds and documents to the online Doxpop system to make it easier for taxpayers to access the documents they need. She also plans to look into offering credit card payments for recording services.
“We just need to become more techy,” she said.
Reutman is married to Timothy “Rudy” Reutman and they have two children: Robert “Bobby” and Threse. She belongs to St. Isidore Parish-Celestine Campus where she has taught religious instruction to ninth-graders for 14 years.
In preparation for her campaign, McPherron spent some time working in the recorder’s office of a neighboring county.
“It gave me the skills I need to hit the ground running,” McPherron said.
McPherron has made a career of bookkeeping. She is currently self-employed at Reliant Bookkeeping LLC. She previously was the assistant financial manager for Seufert Construction, Progressive Investment and Access Storage. She is a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor and a current member of Business Bookkeeper Launch. She also holds an information processing certificate from Vincennes University Jasper Campus.
“I understand the need to balance costs and provide good customer service,” McPherron said.
If elected, she hopes to bring a fresh perspective to the recorder’s office with her interest in serving the people of Dubois County.
McPherron is a Dubois County native and currently serves as president of the Patoka Township Advisory Board. Her term on that board ends in December. McPherron is also involved in the community through several local nonprofits.
She and her family attend Redemption Christian Church In Jasper. She lives in Huntingburg with her husband, Stephen, who is a Huntingburg councilman. The couple has three children — Danielle (Will) Schaust of Indianapolis, Jackson, 14, and Alyssa, 11.
Other local races include:
• U.S. Senate (Mike Braun / Lucy Brenton / Joe Donnelly)
• District 8 U.S. Representative (Larry Bucshon / William Tanoos)
• Indiana Senate 47 (Erin Houchin / Nick Siler)
• Indiana House 63 (Joe Lannan / Shane Lindauer)
• Indiana House 74 (Steve Bartels / Larry Kleeman)
• Dubois County Sheriff (Tom Kleinhelter / Tim Lampert)
• Dubois County Clerk (Amy Kippenbrock / Kiersten Knies)
• Dubois County Recorder (Jackie McPherron / Gail Reutman)
• Dubois County Assessor (Eve Drew / Angie Giesler)
• Dubois County Council District 2 (Becky Beckman / Darren Patterson)
• Dubois County Council District 3 (Charmain Klem / Deborah Major)
• Cass Township Advisory Board (Lee Bilderback / Randy Boehm / Steve Eckert / Lisa Matthews)
• Patoka Township Trustee (Don Astrike / Jeff Summers)
• Madison Township Trustee (Scott Blazey / Brett Collignon)
• Southwest Dubois School Board (Jason Heile / Belinda Lange)
• Greater Jasper School Board (Jimmy Corbin / Ken Schnaus)
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For about 25 years, Bob Zimmerman has preserved a lost chapter of history at the Lincoln Boyhood...
When Logan and Alicia Clark moved to Celestine in 2011, they had dreams of their children some...
Though summer officially begins Friday, kids have been out of school and hopping around the...
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.
With a fifth straight day of rain in store and 30 roads flooded by muddy water, the Dubois...
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.