Restaurant remodeling brings out firefightersDecember 27, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded Thursday afternoon when workers at Ruxer Ford spotted and reported smoke coming from a nearby restaurant’s dumpster.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said the 3:14 p.m. callout was to El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, 101 Place Road.
The restaurant is doing some remodeling, Hochgesang said, and firefighters determined the smoke came from cloths being used to wipe stain that had spontaneously combusted.
There was no damage.
Two trucks and 19 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
A vigil is planned next month to mark what will be six months since Daniel Grannan went missing...
In 1940, Mary George Kissel and Theresita Schenk — along with 11 other young women —...
SERVUS!, headquartered in Jasper, announced Thursday the sale of its Denny’s restaurant...
Participants can now vote to determine the winners in The Herald's annual Best Of Dubois County...