Report of second-story smoke actually a grillSeptember 5, 2018
From Local Sources
JASPER — A Tuesday afternoon report of a possible residential fire turned out to involve outdoor grilling.
A passing motorist reported possible smoke coming from the second floor of a residence near 16th and Newton streets at 4:31 p.m., according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.
Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from grilling activity.
Two trucks and 16 firefighters were out six minutes before being told they could disregard.
Then, at 1:02 a.m. today, the department was notified of an alarm activation at the Memorial Southside Office, 1100 W. 12th Ave.
There was no fire. Instead, Hochgesang said, firefighters found a faulty detector that was removed and cleaned so that the system could successfully be reset.
Four trucks and 18 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
I’ve enjoyed a few stadium shakers in my time, but it’s the anti-arena acts on the smaller...
The hottest ticket the last two weekends for an Indiana volunteer firefighter had to be the...
Although he is in the middle of his Congressional work in the nation’s capital, U.S. Sen. Mike...
Bark in the Parklands was a joint event between the Dubois County Humane Society and the Jasper...
In celebration of Newspapers in Education Week, we asked elementary schoolers from Ireland,...
More than 500 attendees flooded the Jasper Community Arts Center and parts of Vincennes...
Severe weather that included wind gusts approaching 50 mph left its mark on Dubois County...
The St. John Bosco Youth Ministry in Jasper has hired Jacqueline Ripberger as its new director.