Red Cross blood donation opportunitiesDecember 14, 2020
By Herald Staff
It may be the season of giving, but blood donations typically take a hit this time of year.
Between busyness with holiday activities and inclement weather and seasonal illnesses, collecting enough blood and platelet donations is typically a challenge in December. Add in a pandemic, and this season could be particularly tough.
That’s why the American Red Cross is encouraging the community to give a priceless gift this holiday season: the gift of life.
Here are upcoming blood donation opportunities in the community:
• Dec. 16, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Moose Lodge 1175, 2507 Newton St., Jasper
• Dec. 20, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., C K of A Hall, 1159 W. 1100 S., Saint Henry
• Dec. 26, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, Birdseye Fire Department, 9 West First St., Birdseye
• Dec. 28, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., American Legion Hall, 425 South Main St., Ferdinand
• Jan. 4, 2021, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Norris, Blessinger & Woebkenberg Orthopaedics, 1900 Saint Charles St., Jasper
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Five seminarians received the order of deacon from the Most Rev. Charles Thompson, archbishop of...
St. John’s Lutheran Church, Dubois Crossroads recently held First Communion.
Abe Lincoln American Legion Post 444 at Dale, IN was proud to award two members with...
The Mann family gathered to celebrate four generations.
Isabel Morrison, the 18-year-old daughter of Josh and Sam Morrison, is the Huntingburg Optimist...