Red Cross blood donation opportunitiesDecember 14, 2020
By Herald Staff
It may be the season of giving, but blood donations typically take a hit this time of year.
Between busyness with holiday activities and inclement weather and seasonal illnesses, collecting enough blood and platelet donations is typically a challenge in December. Add in a pandemic, and this season could be particularly tough.
That’s why the American Red Cross is encouraging the community to give a priceless gift this holiday season: the gift of life.
Here are upcoming blood donation opportunities in the community:
• Dec. 16, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Moose Lodge 1175, 2507 Newton St., Jasper
• Dec. 20, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., C K of A Hall, 1159 W. 1100 S., Saint Henry
• Dec. 26, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, Birdseye Fire Department, 9 West First St., Birdseye
• Dec. 28, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., American Legion Hall, 425 South Main St., Ferdinand
• Jan. 4, 2021, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Norris, Blessinger & Woebkenberg Orthopaedics, 1900 Saint Charles St., Jasper
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Novice Simon Holden professed his temporary vows as a Benedictine monk in a ceremony on Jan. 20...
In a brief ceremony, Novices Connor Zink and Matthew Morris were clothed in the Benedictine...
Holland Elementary held their annual school spelling bee on Thursday, Jan. 7.
Dr. Sydney Berger graduated magna cum laude Dec. 19, 2020, with a Doctor of Chiropractic degree...