Red Cross blood donation opportunitiesDecember 14, 2020
By Herald Staff
It may be the season of giving, but blood donations typically take a hit this time of year.
Between busyness with holiday activities and inclement weather and seasonal illnesses, collecting enough blood and platelet donations is typically a challenge in December. Add in a pandemic, and this season could be particularly tough.
That’s why the American Red Cross is encouraging the community to give a priceless gift this holiday season: the gift of life.
Here are upcoming blood donation opportunities in the community:
• Dec. 16, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Moose Lodge 1175, 2507 Newton St., Jasper
• Dec. 20, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., C K of A Hall, 1159 W. 1100 S., Saint Henry
• Dec. 26, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, Birdseye Fire Department, 9 West First St., Birdseye
• Dec. 28, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., American Legion Hall, 425 South Main St., Ferdinand
• Jan. 4, 2021, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Norris, Blessinger & Woebkenberg Orthopaedics, 1900 Saint Charles St., Jasper
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Five Benedictine monks at Saint Meinrad Archabbey in St. Meinrad are observing 60th...
The JHS Class of 1952 held its 69th reunion on Friday, September 10, 2021 at the Schnitzelbank...
The Dale Fall Festival Scholarship Queen Pageant will be held at 7 p.m. CT on Sunday, Sept. 5,...
Samuel Osterman, 14, of Jasper received top honors at the 2021 Indiana State Fair competition...
Dubois County resident Nicole Eckert is gaining experience as an intern at the Indiana Office of...