Rains flood county roadwaysJanuary 13, 2020
From Local Sources
Widespread and locally heavy weekend rains left more 20 county roadway segments blocked by high water today.
Rainfall totals from the weather system were 3.76 inches in Ferdinand, 3.29 inches at Patoka Lake and 2.92 inches in Jasper.
The storm system also brought with it winds that gusted as high as 50 mph Saturday in Dubois County, according to the National Weather Service. The strong winds downed trees at multiple locations.
The Jasper Street Department says Clay Street is closed from Second Street to Wernsing Road due to high water. Clay Street will be reopened as soon as the water has receded but motorists need to avoid the area.
At last report, the Dubois County Highway Department said the following 20 roadway segments were blocked by high water:
• County Road 150N between county roads 500W and 600W.
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W south of County Road 50N in the Lee Gress Flat.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• Division Road east of County Road 600W.
• Stewart Road off Division Road.
• County Road 620W at Dillon Creek.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 175E north of County Road 300N.
• County Road 600N east of Kellerville Road.
• County Road 300N west of County Road 175E.
• County Road 175E south of County Road 300N.
• Kellerville Road north of Cathy Lane.
• County Road 190N north of Meridian Road.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• East First Street in Huntingburg west of County Road 75W.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A sound like bells filled the music classroom at Holy Trinity Catholic School’s East Campus...
I learned recently that dad hadn’t totally given up the pen. Mom showed me a green shoebox...
Despite the national Boy Scouts of America filing for bankruptcy protection, local Scout...
Mary Ellen (Stenftenagel) Kluth was raised to care. Before she first distributed the resources,...
After leading a public education forum at Vincennes University Jasper on Tuesday night, Indiana...
The Northeast Dubois County School Corporation has seen significant changes in the last few...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
When the 2020-21 school year starts, Heritage Hills High School Assistant Principal Jeff Cochren...