Rain closes more roadsJanuary 24, 2019
From Local Sources
A couple of inches of rain since the weekend — in addition to between 2 and 3 inches of snow in some areas — has pushed up the number of roadway segments closed due to high water.
The Dubois County Highway Department placed the number of county road sections blocked by high water at 10 today, up from six Wednesday.
Roads on today’s county list are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in Huntingburg, west of County Road 75W.
Wednesday’s rain — Ferdinand measured it at nine-tenths of an inch — was accompanied by gusty winds. The National Weather Service in Louisville said winds gusted up to 38 mph in Dubois County.
The National Weather Service also predicts tonight’s low could fall to about 7 degrees with wind chill values as low as -8 degrees.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The journey of milk from cow to ice cream cone is a short one in Dubois County, and it’s a...
With a new comprehensive plan approved, City of Jasper officials, board members and employees...
When Ronaldo Diaz Rodriguez and his nephew, Yonluy Alejo Acosta, immigrated to the United...
Tracy Lorey, superintendent of the Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, was put in the spotlight...
The walls of Lucille (Baker) Rudolph’s room at Jasper’s Northwood Retirement Community are...
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...