Rain closes more roadsJanuary 24, 2019
From Local Sources
A couple of inches of rain since the weekend — in addition to between 2 and 3 inches of snow in some areas — has pushed up the number of roadway segments closed due to high water.
The Dubois County Highway Department placed the number of county road sections blocked by high water at 10 today, up from six Wednesday.
Roads on today’s county list are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in Huntingburg, west of County Road 75W.
Wednesday’s rain — Ferdinand measured it at nine-tenths of an inch — was accompanied by gusty winds. The National Weather Service in Louisville said winds gusted up to 38 mph in Dubois County.
The National Weather Service also predicts tonight’s low could fall to about 7 degrees with wind chill values as low as -8 degrees.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...