Rain closes more roadsJanuary 24, 2019
From Local Sources
A couple of inches of rain since the weekend — in addition to between 2 and 3 inches of snow in some areas — has pushed up the number of roadway segments closed due to high water.
The Dubois County Highway Department placed the number of county road sections blocked by high water at 10 today, up from six Wednesday.
Roads on today’s county list are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in Huntingburg, west of County Road 75W.
Wednesday’s rain — Ferdinand measured it at nine-tenths of an inch — was accompanied by gusty winds. The National Weather Service in Louisville said winds gusted up to 38 mph in Dubois County.
The National Weather Service also predicts tonight’s low could fall to about 7 degrees with wind chill values as low as -8 degrees.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...