Rain closes more roadsJanuary 24, 2019
From Local Sources
A couple of inches of rain since the weekend — in addition to between 2 and 3 inches of snow in some areas — has pushed up the number of roadway segments closed due to high water.
The Dubois County Highway Department placed the number of county road sections blocked by high water at 10 today, up from six Wednesday.
Roads on today’s county list are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in Huntingburg, west of County Road 75W.
Wednesday’s rain — Ferdinand measured it at nine-tenths of an inch — was accompanied by gusty winds. The National Weather Service in Louisville said winds gusted up to 38 mph in Dubois County.
The National Weather Service also predicts tonight’s low could fall to about 7 degrees with wind chill values as low as -8 degrees.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
This weekend, Jasper cheerleading teams will compete in the biggest cheerleading contest.
It was early afternoon on a Friday, and Southridge Middle School teacher Tiffany Neuhoff was...
School had ended for the day, but sounds of creation still echoed through the halls of Holy...
The City of Huntingburg is trying to do something with a former gas station on U.S. 231 that has...
Expanding and updating justice system facilities, and renovating the courthouse were discussed...
The Herald photography staff earned 16 awards this weekend at the Indiana News Photographers...
Mike Webster of Evansville has announced his candidacy for the U.S. House of Representatives in...
Brenda Wilmes firmly pressed her knuckles into Sue Hasenour’s neck and rotated them in tiny...