Police plan Thanksgiving patrolsNovember 26, 2019
From Local Sources
The Thanksgiving holiday period is traditionally one of the busiest travel periods of the year, which is why Indiana State Police are reminding motorists to drive responsibly.
Troopers will be participating in Operation C.A.R.E. (Combined Accident Reduction Effort), which is a federally funded project allowing additional troopers to patrol area highways through Sunday. Troopers will be aggressively observing for moving violations, dangerous and impaired drivers and for those drivers and passengers not buckling up.
Last year during the Thanksgiving holiday period, 12 fatal crashes occurred on Indiana roadways.
Troopers are encouraging all motorists to obey these simple safety tips:
• Ensure you are well rested, especially if you have plans to travel a long distance. A fatigued driver is a dangerous driver and often mimics the driving behavior of an impaired driver.
• Avoid driving distracted. Please don’t use your cellphone while driving.
• Avoid “hanging out” in the left lane on multiple lane highways.
• Always follow other motorists at a safe distance.
• Obey all speed limits and use your turn signals.
• Ensure everyone is buckled up.
• Don’t drink and drive. If you have plans to consume alcohol, please ensure you have a plan to get you and your family home safely.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Kindergarten isn’t like how many of us remember it. Today’s kindergartners learn to read,...
About 500 people filled Jasper Middle School’s cafeteria Thursday evening to get a closer look...
A sound like bells filled the music classroom at Holy Trinity Catholic School’s East Campus...
I learned recently that dad hadn’t totally given up the pen. Mom showed me a green shoebox...
Despite the national Boy Scouts of America filing for bankruptcy protection, local Scout...
Mary Ellen (Stenftenagel) Kluth was raised to care. Before she first distributed the resources,...
After leading a public education forum at Vincennes University Jasper on Tuesday night, Indiana...
The Northeast Dubois County School Corporation has seen significant changes in the last few...