Plant fire contained to single machineAugust 14, 2018
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department were called Monday afternoon to the report of a possible fire in the dust collection system at Jasper Desk Co., 501 E. Sixth St.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said that not the case but it was the initial fear when the incident was reported at 12:40 a.m.
Hochgesang said a solenoid or similar electrical component in a machine overheated, catching wiring on fire. But the problem was limited to that machine.
“They should be able to repair that part and be back in business,” said the chief, adding that the fire did not involve any sawdust or the dust collection system.
Four trucks and 31 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
At 7:21 p.m. Sunday the department was called to an alarm activation at the Hampton Inn, 355 Third Ave.
Hochgesang said there was no fire. Instead, he added, a duct detector in a maintenance room next to the pool triggered for an unknown reason.
Firefighters removed and cleaned the detector and then successfully reset the system.
Two trucks were on the scene 30 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Students from Southridge High School toured Jasper Engines & Transmissions Wednesday as part of...
Growth will be a focus for the Huntingburg Public Library as it embarks on a comprehensive plan...
As work wraps up on another segment of the U.S. 231 water supply and pressure improvement...
A lifetime of musical aspirations boiled down to less than a minute of singing for the...
Backed by more than $2 million in grant funding from the Indiana Department of Transportation...
Dubois Elementary second-grade teacher Maureen Luebbehusen, 62, still remembers when she decided...
Next Act Inc, the nonprofit organization that owns and operates the historic Astra Theatre in...
More than 40 hardy souls participated Sunday in the eighth Plunge for Dubois County, earning...