Overcooked food sets off alarm

From Local Sources

JASPER — No damage occurred when food overcooked on a Jasper stove and triggered a smoke alarm.

The incident occurred at 5:31 p.m. Sunday at a Canterbury Court residence, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.

Five trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.

Earlier in the day, at 1:01 p.m., an alarm sounded at Jasper Engines & Transmissions, 815 Wernsing Road, but no engines responded after it was determined the call involved a broken waterline, Hochgesang said.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com