Overcooked food sends firefighters to apartment

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — A smoke alarm activation Wednesday morning sent the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department to the Lofts at St. Joseph’s, 1900 Medical Arts Drive.

Assistant Chief Glen Kissling said the alarm system was triggered when an occupant overcooked some food being prepared on a stove.

There was no fire and no damage, according to Kissling.

Four trucks and 15 firefighters were on the scene for 10 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com