Our Town: ZoarJune 15, 2020
By DELORES HEMMER
We are excited to share the news that the funding for Phase I for the new building in the Grove has been completed due to some very generous donations. Phase I includes the building itself, the concrete floor and inside walls for the bathrooms and kitchen. The fundraising now moves to Phase 2 which will include inside furnishings. Phase 3 will be for heating and cooling. As soon as the remaining permits are obtained, it is hoped construction can begin. The fundraising continues and a grateful thanks to all who have contributed.
The church had the first in-person service Sunday morning since March 15. Some of those attending expressed their gratitude for being together again.
The turnout for Saturday’s Tin Fest in Stendal was tremendous. There were 100 cars, seven tractors and several motorcycles entered.
The following received miniature gas pump trophies:
• Cars 1900-1948: Steve and Rhonda Lycos, 1923 Ford, first place; Jerry Sandefur, 1941 Ford, second place; and J. R. Comptor, 1937 Plymouth, third place.
• Cars 1949-1960: Larry Frederick, 1960 Corvette, first place; Tom Crooks, 1956 Chevrolet Belair, second place; and Gerald Kuebler, 1956 Plymouth, third place.
• Cars 1961-1972: John and Patty Wes,1972 Chevrolet C10, first place; Randy Bromm, 1966 Chevrolet Nova, second place; and Mike Aigner, 1970 Chevrolet Nova, third place.
• Cars 1973-1978: Jerry Fisher, 1978 Chevrolet, first place; Gary Cannon, 1973 Corvette, second place; and Mark Robling, 1986 GMC, third place.
• Cars 1988-2008: Duane Gross, 2008 Mustang, first place; Gary Morrison, 2008 Mustang, second place; and Kody Morgan, 1999 Chevrolet, third place.
• Cars 2000 and after: Steve Mills, 2016 Dodge Challenger, first place; Scott Pannel, 2014 Dodge Challenger, second place; and Jason Howe, 2018 Dodge, third place.
• Motorcycles: Jeremy Purkiser, Harley, first place; Carla Nehmer, Triumph, second place; and Owen Kinker-Honda, third place.
• Tractors: Quade Yager, first place; Owen Kinker, second place; and Elijah Coleman, third place.
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers.
If you have an item that you would like to have in the Zoar News, you may contact me at 812-536-2920. Please have items to me by 6 p.m. Sunday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Evelyn M. Hasenour of Huntingburg was awarded the 2021 Huntingburg Kiwanis Club Ray Goldman...
The Jasper Strassenfest has announced the contestants who will participate in the Little Miss...
The Jasper Strassenfest has announced the contestants who will vie for the Miss Strassenfest and...
First Holy Communion was celebrated at St. Celestine Church on Sunday, May 2, 2021.
Delta Chi Chapter of Kappa, Kappa, Kappa Inc. is proud to announce four outstanding scholars for...
The $500 scholarship from St. Ferdinand Daughters of Isabella was awarded to Jake Begle of...
Dubois County Sheriff Tom Kleinhelter is pleased to present four Dubois County students with an...
Fr. Simon Herrmann, OSB, a monk of Saint Meinrad Archabbey, was ordained as a Roman Catholic...