News of Record: 5/8May 8, 2020
Editor’s note: The date of occurrence of the cases that the following court and traffic rulings document may be six months or more prior to today’s publication. Some synopsized sentences may have already been served.
• Dominic Sleigh and Aubree P. Sleigh
• Sarah Anderson and Austin Anderson
• Dana Lange and Alan Lange
• Demetrius Arnold, 46, 475 Rumbach Ave., Jasper, misdemeanor intimidation, sentenced last week to time served in the Dubois County Security Center.
• Danielle L. Scott, 40, 609 W. Haysville Road, Jasper, Level 6 felony confinement and misdemeanor interference with the reporting of a crime and battery, case dismissed last week. Defendant had entered into a pretrial diversion agreement in April, 2019.
• Taylor Wessel, 25, 4388 E. State Road 264, Ferdinand, misdemeanor domestic battery, case dismissed last week. Defendant had entered into a pretrial diversion agreement in April, 2019.
Editor’s note: The following criminal cases involving defendants being cited directly into court were filed last week.
• Maria Moctezuma, 622 E. Third St., Ferdinand, Level 6 felony neglect of a dependent and misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• Jesse W. Hall, 202 E. 22nd St., Huntingburg, misdemeanor invasion of privacy (seven counts).
• Westlake Services LLC dba Westlake Financial Services, Los Angeles, California, vs Tracy S. Fierro and Gloria Villarreal, Ferdinand, default judgment last week in favor of Westlake in the amount of $8,223.60 plus costs.
• David T. Tabbert, 945 December 25th Lane, Santa Claus, misdemeanor theft, case dismissed last week after defendant completed pretrial diversion program.
Editor’s note: The following criminal case involving a defendant being cited directly into court was filed last week.
• Cody R. Christensen, 31, 31 West First St., Birdseye, Level 6 felony operating a vehicle after being a habitual traffic violator.
• Credit Acceptance Corp., Columbus, Ohio, vs Daniel Gill, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Credit Acceptance in the amount of $11,160 and costs.
• Citibank, Grand Rapids, Michigan, vs Susan D. Spinka, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Citibank in the amount of $8,153.89.
• Midland Funding LLC, Grand Rapids, Michigan, vs Jay King, Huntingburg, default judgment last week in favor of Midland in the amount of $2,875.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding: Jayd W. Frease, 26, and Kaelinn A. Sabline-Schlu, 19, both of Jasper; Stephanie L. Caton, 33, Henderson, Kentucky; Candy M. Locke, 30, Louisville, Kentucky.
• Fined $141 and costs for failure to stop at a train signal: Brianna C. Bonifer, 18, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for disregarding an official traffic control device: Aisha L. Deel, 16, Celestine.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates and speeding: Clayton L. Blair, 21, Taswell.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates: Laura M. Konsler, 33, Jasper.
• Fined $158.60 and costs for driving while suspended and speeding: Matthew P. Conner Jr., Evansville.
• Fined $141 and costs for no insurance and driving while suspended: Clayton E. Froman, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for open container violation: Jeffrey C. Bleemel, Jasper.
• Fined $138 and costs for unlawful possession of tobacco: Christian Conrad, Jasper.
• Fined $141 and costs for following too closely: Lucas A. Ortega, Jasper; Ruby Hernandez, Huntingburg.
• Fined $25 for seat belt violations: Jes J. Hoffman, Holland.
Traffic cases — entered pretrial diversion program with $192.50 fee:
• Speeding — Margie E. Wright, 39, Stendal.
• Speeding, dismissed after completing pretrial diversion with $192.50 fee — Evan R. Lemond, Evangeline G. Underwood, Clinton A. Garland, Brooklyn R. Thrasher, Benjamin R. Seng, and Myra L. Fuhs, all of Jasper; Jacob D. Gould, Brent W. Skipper, Kassie Y. Kirk, and Liza C. Retherfold, all of Evansville; Connie J. Stemle, Celestine; Paige C. Hadley, Velpen; Connor D. Ising, Louisville, Kentucky; Claudia F. Hogue, Taswell; Angela D. Perry, Tornado, West Virginia; Amanda M. Hamby, Dale; Joshua E. Cox, French Lick; Jayme L. Blackgrove, Huntingburg; Elder O. Martinez Guerra, Gentryville.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The outdoor setting that encases the Lincoln Amphitheatre is an appropriate backdrop for the...
Kit Miracle is a contemporary impressionist painter living in Birdseye. The former Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday four new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of Evansville artist Brett Anderson for the...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday five new COVID-19 cases in...
On a Monday morning in May 2011, the Jasper community was shocked to find that a longtime...