News of Record: 5/8May 8, 2020
Editor’s note: The date of occurrence of the cases that the following court and traffic rulings document may be six months or more prior to today’s publication. Some synopsized sentences may have already been served.
• Dominic Sleigh and Aubree P. Sleigh
• Sarah Anderson and Austin Anderson
• Dana Lange and Alan Lange
• Demetrius Arnold, 46, 475 Rumbach Ave., Jasper, misdemeanor intimidation, sentenced last week to time served in the Dubois County Security Center.
• Danielle L. Scott, 40, 609 W. Haysville Road, Jasper, Level 6 felony confinement and misdemeanor interference with the reporting of a crime and battery, case dismissed last week. Defendant had entered into a pretrial diversion agreement in April, 2019.
• Taylor Wessel, 25, 4388 E. State Road 264, Ferdinand, misdemeanor domestic battery, case dismissed last week. Defendant had entered into a pretrial diversion agreement in April, 2019.
Editor’s note: The following criminal cases involving defendants being cited directly into court were filed last week.
• Maria Moctezuma, 622 E. Third St., Ferdinand, Level 6 felony neglect of a dependent and misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• Jesse W. Hall, 202 E. 22nd St., Huntingburg, misdemeanor invasion of privacy (seven counts).
• Westlake Services LLC dba Westlake Financial Services, Los Angeles, California, vs Tracy S. Fierro and Gloria Villarreal, Ferdinand, default judgment last week in favor of Westlake in the amount of $8,223.60 plus costs.
• David T. Tabbert, 945 December 25th Lane, Santa Claus, misdemeanor theft, case dismissed last week after defendant completed pretrial diversion program.
Editor’s note: The following criminal case involving a defendant being cited directly into court was filed last week.
• Cody R. Christensen, 31, 31 West First St., Birdseye, Level 6 felony operating a vehicle after being a habitual traffic violator.
• Credit Acceptance Corp., Columbus, Ohio, vs Daniel Gill, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Credit Acceptance in the amount of $11,160 and costs.
• Citibank, Grand Rapids, Michigan, vs Susan D. Spinka, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Citibank in the amount of $8,153.89.
• Midland Funding LLC, Grand Rapids, Michigan, vs Jay King, Huntingburg, default judgment last week in favor of Midland in the amount of $2,875.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding: Jayd W. Frease, 26, and Kaelinn A. Sabline-Schlu, 19, both of Jasper; Stephanie L. Caton, 33, Henderson, Kentucky; Candy M. Locke, 30, Louisville, Kentucky.
• Fined $141 and costs for failure to stop at a train signal: Brianna C. Bonifer, 18, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for disregarding an official traffic control device: Aisha L. Deel, 16, Celestine.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates and speeding: Clayton L. Blair, 21, Taswell.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates: Laura M. Konsler, 33, Jasper.
• Fined $158.60 and costs for driving while suspended and speeding: Matthew P. Conner Jr., Evansville.
• Fined $141 and costs for no insurance and driving while suspended: Clayton E. Froman, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for open container violation: Jeffrey C. Bleemel, Jasper.
• Fined $138 and costs for unlawful possession of tobacco: Christian Conrad, Jasper.
• Fined $141 and costs for following too closely: Lucas A. Ortega, Jasper; Ruby Hernandez, Huntingburg.
• Fined $25 for seat belt violations: Jes J. Hoffman, Holland.
Traffic cases — entered pretrial diversion program with $192.50 fee:
• Speeding — Margie E. Wright, 39, Stendal.
• Speeding, dismissed after completing pretrial diversion with $192.50 fee — Evan R. Lemond, Evangeline G. Underwood, Clinton A. Garland, Brooklyn R. Thrasher, Benjamin R. Seng, and Myra L. Fuhs, all of Jasper; Jacob D. Gould, Brent W. Skipper, Kassie Y. Kirk, and Liza C. Retherfold, all of Evansville; Connie J. Stemle, Celestine; Paige C. Hadley, Velpen; Connor D. Ising, Louisville, Kentucky; Claudia F. Hogue, Taswell; Angela D. Perry, Tornado, West Virginia; Amanda M. Hamby, Dale; Joshua E. Cox, French Lick; Jayme L. Blackgrove, Huntingburg; Elder O. Martinez Guerra, Gentryville.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.
Shawn Werner has been named the interim administrative director at the Dubois County Health...
Cathy Siddons of St. Anthony wanted to send a message of support for local law enforcement...
Dubois County Health Department Administrative Director Jo Ann Spaulding has confirmed that she...