News of Record: 4/3April 3, 2020
Editor’s note: The date of occurrence of the cases that the following court and traffic rulings document may be six months or more prior to today’s publication. Some synopsized sentences may have already been served.
•Jill Renee Kress and Nicholas Joseph Kress
• Ezequiel Mendez Vega, 46, 510 Hickory Lane, Jasper, Level 6 felony criminal confinement and strangulation, sentenced last week to 600 days in the Dubois County Security Center suspended to supervised probation.
Editor’s note: The following criminal case involving a defendant cited directly into court was filed last week.
• James L. Thompson II, 807 N. Washington St., Huntingburg, Level 6 felony and misdemeanor domestic battery.
• Justin G. Ayala Velez, 21, 506 Village Court, Jasper, misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident and driving while having never been licensed, sentenced last week to 180 days in the Dubois County Security Center suspended to 365 days supervised probation and 40 hours community service.
• John W. Mosley II, 38, Vincennes, misdemeanor resisting law enforcement and theft, sentenced last week to 365 days in the Dubois County Security Center suspended to 361 days unsupervised probation and 40 hours community service.
• William H. Johnson Jr., 56, 426 W. 43rd St., Jasper, misdemeanor driving while suspended (prior), sentenced last week to 360 days in the Dubois County Security Center suspended to 360 days supervised probation and fines and costs in the amount of $261.
• William H. Johnson Jr., 56, 426 W. 43rd St., Jasper, Level 6 felony operating while intoxicated (prior) and misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident, sentenced last week to 364 days in the Dubois County Security Center suspended to 360 days home detention with electronic monitoring.
Editor’s note: The following criminal cases involving defendants being cited directly into court were filed last week.
• Cody R. Christensen, 31, 31 W. First St., Birdseye, Level 6 felony theft (prior).
• Melissa T. Headings, 31, 1411 Greene St., Jasper, misdemeanor false informing.
• Pablo H. Bautista Martines, Owensboro, misdemeanor driving while having never been licensed.
• Chayanna Aragon Guzman, Newburgh, misdemeanor driving while having never been licensed.
• Dustin L. Herald, 32, 110 S. Walnut St., Dale, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding: Danilo Chavez Alvarez, 30, Louisville, Kentucky; Elizama Becerra, 36, Jasper.
• Fined $141 and costs for disregarding lighted signal: Rene Emanuel D. Mejia, 31, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for fictitious plate: Jarred H. Brown, 32, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for driving while suspended and failure to register: Dillon K. Bedell, 25, Otwell.
• Fined $141 and costs for unsafe slow down or stopping a vehicle without giving audible or turn signal: Carlos A. Olano II, 51, West Palm Beach, Florida.
• Fined $141 and costs for following too closely: Patrick S. Ferguson, 33, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates: Cole J. Witte, 26, Jasper; Felix A. Lazaro, 42, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for driving while suspended: Saul S. Bobadilla, 34, Huntingburg.
• Fined $160 and costs for littering: Daniel D. Lauderdale, 39, Bloomfield.
• Fined $141 and costs for no valid driver’s license: Shanna R. Brinksneader, 26, Ferdinand; Rosa D. Moransibrian, 45, and Angel Ayala Ramirez, 50, both of Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding and driving while suspended: Dakota R. James, 19, Jasper.
• Fined $138 and costs for failure to pay for campsite: Jeromy W. Dean, 44, Jasper.
• Fined $138 and costs for unlawful possession of tobacco or electronic cigarette: Seth Eckert, 16, Jasper.
• Fined $25 for seat belt violations: Rickey D. Mahoney Jr., 45, English; Michael D. Mahoney, 25, Central; Trevor L. Sherman, 24, Ferdinand.
• Fined $25 for child restraint violation: Kayne A. Rigdon, 19, Huntingburg.
Traffic cases — entered pretrial diversion program last week with $192.50 fee:
• Speeding — Jeffrey T. Freeman, 53, Terre Haute; Corey L. Adkins, 34, Evansville; Crystal D. Ham, 37, and Cameron J. Barkley, 18, both of Huntingburg; Debra K. Fuhs, 66, Kimberly Karpowicz, 49, and Trevor G. Seufert, 18, all of Jasper; Angela M. Hoffman, 41, Birdseye; Brittany A. Buchanan, 34, Paoli; Barbara A. King, 62, Louisville, Kentucky.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...
The wedding of my daughter Delaney and future son-in-law Max has become one of what Knot.com...
Jasper High School graduated 255 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to an end...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...