News of Record: 2/28February 28, 2019
Editor’s note: The date of occurrence of the cases that the following court and traffic rulings document may be six months or more prior to today’s publication. Some synopsized sentences may have already been served.
• Erik Hernandez and Alma Delfia Gacia Meza
• Jacob L. Volz, 43, 1622 Newton St., Jasper, misdemeanor invasion of privacy, sentenced last week to 66 days in the Dubois County Security Center with the sentence now complete.
• Terreall E. Carnahan, 18, Eckerty, misdemeanor railroad trespass, case dismissed last week.
• Mike P. Phillips, 38, 703 Schuler Ave., Huntingburg, Level 6 felony neglect of a dependent with judgment entered as a misdemeanor, defendant received credit for time already served at the Dubois County Security Center from Feb. 16, 2018, to Feb. 19, 2019, with the sentence noted last week as fully completed. Seven other criminal counts were dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
• Branden M. Kelley, 26, 9804 S. 100W, Ferdinand, Level 6 felony battery against a public safety official, sentenced last week to 58 days in the Dubois County Security Center with the sentence now complete.
• Richard D. Watson Taylor, 23, New Albany, misdemeanor resisting law enforcement, sentenced last week to 150 days in the Dubois County Security Center.
• Samantha Giafaglione, 19, Ocala, Florida, misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident, defendant entered into a pretrial diversion program last week.
• Pedro F. Marcos, 18, 3828 N. Portersville Road, Jasper, misdemeanor operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license, ordered last week to pay fines and costs in the amount of $221.
• Maria E. Moscoso Alarcon, 25, 205 W. Fourth St., Huntingburg, misdemeanor operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license, ordered last week to pay fines and costs in the amount of $221.
• Allstar Cash Advance, Jasper, vs Amy Emery, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Allstar in the amount of $265.75 plus interest.
• Hoosier Accounts Service, Evansville, vs David W. Birk Sr., Birdseye, default judgment last week in favor of Hoosier Accounts in the amount of $947.78 plus interest.
• Hoosier Accounts Service, Evansville, vs James E. Martin, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Hoosier Accounts in the amount of $749.95 plus interest.
• Hoosier Accounts Service, Evansville, vs Alan Berg, Huntingburg, default judgment last week in favor of Hoosier Accounts in the amount of $1,070.76 plus interest.
• Jasper Lofts vs Kayla Craven, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Jasper Lofts in the amount of $4,378.71 plus interest.
• Medical & Professional Collections, Newburgh, vs Kristine E. Bair, Jasper, default judgment last week in favor of Medical & Professional in the amount of $1,557.19 plus interest.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding: Evan R. Hamilton, 20, Ferdinand; John A. Reutman, 60, Indianapolis; Lorena Zavala Chavez, 45, Dale; Brande S. Springer, 45, Newburgh; Sawyer D. Ruhe, 24, and Kathy A. Klee, 60, both of Jasper; Jason F. Schneider, 17, Holland; Zachary T. Neukam, 24, Dubois; Shawn M. Fried, 33, Arnold, Missouri; Deonte L. Green, 29, Louisville, Kentucky; Patrick L. Mattingly, 28, Loogootee; Joshua A. Sanders, 37, Lynnville; Walter L. Wadlington, 49, Evansville; Brandon S. Palmer, 29, Tennyson.
• Fined $141 and costs for driving while suspended: Braden C. Harding, 20, Huntingburg; Angeline H. VanWinkle, 33, Eckerty; Nicholas C. Hughes Sr., 51, Orleans; Steven C. Hubster, 42, Holland; Philip L. Schroeder, 58, and Kyle W. Head, 31, both of Jasper.
• Fined $141 and costs for learner’s permit violation: Rene Leyva Calderin, 27, Louisville, Kentucky; Shivansh, 24, West Lafayette.
• Fined $141 and costs for operating a motor vehicle without financial responsibility: Joseph A. Frank, 31, and Jeremy A. Betz, 42, both of Jasper; Steven L. Ball, 36, Velpen; Robert Nodas Yariel, 37, Homosassa, Florida.
• Fined $141 and costs for no valid driver’s license: Tara M. McCallister, 40, Tell City; Joshua D. Ransom, 18, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates: Richard W. Wilkerson, 66, Morgantown, Kentucky; Amanda R. McAninch, 34, Bloomington.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding and failure of occupant to use safety belt: Quinn Dunlap, 37, Louisville, Kentucky.
• Fined $138 and costs for unlawful possession of tobacco: Gabriel R. Lehane, 18, Jasper.
• Fined $141 and costs for driving left of center: Erin L. Lance, 32, Oakland City.
• Fined $138 and costs for hunting deer with illegal device: Kyle J. Sweet, 32, Jasper.
• Fined $141 and costs for disregarding an official traffic control device: Logan J. Brinkman, 22, Dubois.
• Fined $141 and costs for failure to yield: Gerald G. Moffatt, 71, Hillham.
• Fined $138 and costs for unlawful taking of a deer or wild turkey: Kevin T. Shamblen, 26, Jasper.
• Fined $138 and costs for failure to produce off-road vehicle registration upon request: Mark A. Gutgsell, 42, Schnellville.
• Fined $25 for seat belt violations: Charles W. Seals, 77, and Jessica L. Crosby, both of Shoals; Harry T. Sears Jr., 49, Glen Burnie, Maryland.
• Fined $25 and costs for child restraint system violation: Lorene K. Kline, 26, St. Meinrad.
• Fined $141 and costs for child restraint system violation and speeding: Maria T. Hernandez Duran, 32, Henderson, Kentucky.
• Fined $141 and costs for operating a motor vehicle with a fictitious plate: Stephanie A. McKee, 29, Huntingburg.
• Traffic cases — entered pretrial diversion program last week with $192.50 fee:
• Speeding — Michael C. Volmar, 52, River Edge, New Jersey; Bryce S. Schepers, 21, Celestine; Nicholas E. Riddell, 18, English; Tyler J. Evans, 31, Evansville.
• Disregarding an automatic signal — Matthew R. Wilson, 30, Jasper.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...
Jasper High School freshmen Jane Franklin and Madison Kinder both love to bake. To them, a...
The individual schools in the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation could all have new...
Years ago, Paul Daily lived life much like an untrained horse. He bucked. He kicked. He...
Forest Park High School sophomore Wyatt Fleck plunged a pickaxe into the ground near the...