News of Record: 11/20November 20, 2018
Editor’s note: The date of occurrence of the cases that the following court and traffic rulings document may be six months or more prior to today’s publication. Some synopsized sentences may have already been served.
• Kelly Schmitt and Nicholas Schmitt
• Felix A. Lazaro, 41, 511 E. 19th St., Huntingburg, Level 6 felony domestic battery, sentenced last week to 547 days in the Dubois County Security Center with 365 days suspended to supervised probation. Defendant can serve the executed sentence on home detention with electronic monitoring.
• Kevin D. Payne, 54, 513 S. Walnut St., Huntingburg, misdemeanor resisting law enforcement, sentenced last week to 270 days in the Dubois County Security Center that may be served on work release.
• Kevin D. Payne, 54, 101 W. Sixth St., Jasper, misdemeanor harassment, sentenced last week to 90 days in the Dubois County Security Center that may be served in a community corrections program.
• William H. Lang, 21, 88 S. Riceville Road, Birdseye, misdemeanor unlawful taking of a deer or wile turkey, ordered last week to pay fines and costs in the amount of $241.
• Damon J. Wilson, 26, Washington, misdemeanor driving while suspended, sentenced last week to 180 days in the Dubois County Security Center suspended to unsupervised probation and 40 hours community service.
• Miguel Chavez Sandoval, 34, 1003 S. Main St., Huntingburg, Level 6 felony operating while intoxicated, sentenced last week to 362 days in the Dubois County Security Center that may be served on home detention with electronic monitoring. License suspended 365 days with the first 120 days fully suspended followed by 245 days specialized driving privileges.
• Christine M. McKinney, 49, 2200 N. Mill St., Jasper, misdemeanor theft, entered into pretrial diversion program last week.
• Amanda K. Frost, 39, 511 E. Seventh St., Huntingburg, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine and unlawful possession of a syringe and misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, entered into a pretrial diversion program last week.
• Brian W. Dillard, 31, Level 6 felony unlawful possession of syringe, sentenced last week to 60 days in the Dubois County Security Center.
• Christina R. Bodkins, 41, 2200 Mill St., Jasper, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, sentenced last week to 10 days in the Dubois County Security Center with the sentenced now complete.
• Newtell LTD, Tell City, vs Robert James, Jasper, , default judgment last week in favor of Newtell in the amount of $1,625 plus interest.
• Huntingburg Machine Works, Huntingburg, vs Alan Heichelbech, Huntingburg, default judgment last week in favor of Huntingburg Machine in the amount of $1,591.55 plus interest.
• Fined $25 and costs for seat belt infractions: Tristen L. Matheis, 16, Jasper.
• Fined $138 and costs for boat speed violation: Bedford H. Miller, 59, Napoleon, Ohio; Thomas A. Lindsey, 50, Mapleton, Illinois.
• Fined $138 and costs for unlawful possession of tobacco: Sophia E. Iacobelli, 16, and Austin W. Petry, 15, both of Jasper; Luxey M. Neukam, 16, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for speeding: Tyler M. Patty, 18, Jeffersonville; Devan I. Brown, 19, Rockport; Audrey L. Fleck, 28, Holland; Basem K. Othman, 33, and Devon C. Clyburn, 23, both of Louisville, Kentucky; Audrey A. Kramer, 20, Waverly, Kentucky; Bobbi J. Wilson, 30, Dubois.
• Fined $138 and costs for provocation: Bradley J. Benson, 51, Jasper.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for driving while suspended: Eliezer Santos Colon, 19, Washington; Kavan K. Adams, 17, and Timothy J. Bolton, 56, both of Jasper; Misty M. Jones, 41, Evansville; Jaslyn S. Aders, 23, Lamar; Ruben J. Beard, 43, Huntingburg; Stefanie M. Bryan, 41, Madison; Rahsheem D. Burrus, 23, Louisville, Kentucky.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for driving while suspended and seat belt infraction: Callie F. Turner, 21, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for expired plates: Joel S. Breeding, 15, Jasper; Clayton W. Wheeler, 54, Owensboro, Kentucky; Rebecca L. Wiseman, 44, English; Dustin B. Childree, 32, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for learner’s permit violation: Alexis N. Rosales Castro, 18, Jasper.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for disregarding a stop sign: Scott R. Wendholt, 55, Ferdinand.
• Fined $141 and costs for speeding and driving while suspended: Terry D. Phillips, 38, Dayton, Ohio.
• Fined $141 and costs for no valid driver’s license: Jason E. Cunningham, 47, St. Anthony.
• Fined $141 and costs for expired plates, plus $42.30 for collections: David E. Jones, 45, Boonville.
• Fined $141 fine and costs for dog straying beyond owner’s premises: Cody D. Cooper, 33, Huntingburg.
• Fined $141 and costs for failure to dim headlights: Chantelle F. Floyd, 28, Washington.
• Traffic cases — entered pretrial diversion program last week with $192.50 fee:
• Disregarding stop sign — Cynthia A. Klein, 55, St. Anthony.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Priests in training, monks and other volunteers provide firewood for families that need it most.
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
Expanding the Dubois County’s jail facility and possibly other departments in the justice...
A local ice cream shop will soon have a new home.
It was a holly, jolly evening at the OFS Brands headquarters in Huntingburg Wednesday evening.
The steps Br. Martin Erspamer takes to create his art are straightforward. The underlying...
Santa’s chief elf and one of Santa Claus’ beloved matriarchs will be on "The Kelly Clarkson...
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...