Mowing malfunction brings out firefightersApril 18, 2019
From Local Sources
HOLLAND — Units of the Holland Volunteer Fire Department responded Wednesday afternoon when a yard tractor malfunctioned at a property just south of Holland.
Fire Chief Adam Chambers said it is thought dry grass around a deck belt was the cause of smoldering in a Massey Ferguson yard tractor. The homeowner extinguished the fire before units answering the 3:29 p.m. call arrived at the Stan Roberts residence at 9775 S. State Road 161.
Firefighters wetted the yard tractor once on the scene to ensure all hot spots were addressed.
Six firefighters and two trucks were on the scene 20 minutes.
Chambers said the mower was salvageable.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...
Due to Sunday evening's rain and heavy rain over the past several months, Patoka Lake will...
Sports car clubs from across Kentucky and Southern Indiana came together in Jasper on Saturday...
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...