Microwave mishap brings firefightersDecember 24, 2018
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded Saturday to the report of a microwave fire.
The 12:34 p.m. call sent the department to the Jake Lindauer residence at 8045 S. Club Road, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans.
The first-arriving units found the a plastic cover was smoldering inside a microwave oven. Firefighters removed the plastic, placed it in the sink and ran water over it, according to Hoppenjans.
The department exhausted smoke from the residence and removed the microwave unit from above a stove and took it outside the home.
Three trucks and 19 firefighters were on the scene 25 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...