Memorial takes additional safety precautionsMarch 16, 2020
From Local Sources
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center is taking additional safety precautions amid the threat of COVID-19.
The precautions include:
• Due to Federal guidance for long-term-care facilities, the hospital’s Skilled Caring Center is required to ban all visitors, except for end-of-life situations. The same restrictions are in place for Memorial Hospital’s Inpatient Rehab Center.
• The Lange-Fuhs Cancer Center entrance (northwest entrance) is restricted to Lange-Fuhs Cancer patients and caregivers only. Anyone who accompanies a patient of the cancer center will be screened. This effort is to maintain a safe environment for our patients.
• The Mary Potter Pavilion entrance is closed. Patients may enter through the Main Lobby or the Emergency Department entrances.
• Volunteer work at Memorial Hospital is temporarily suspended.
Visitor restrictions remain at the hospital. The restrictions include:
• No visitors with influenza-like symptoms in the hospital. Symptoms include cough, sore throat, fever, chills, aches, runny or stuffy nose, and vomiting or diarrhea.
• No visitors under the age of 15.
• No visitors other than immediate family or other significant persons as defined by the patient.
• Exceptions to these restrictions may be made for cases involving critically ill patients and end-of-life situations. Some restrictions may be modified to accommodate healthy siblings of newborn babies.
Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands frequently while in the hospital and wear protective face masks when instructed.
According to Memorial, these measures are being taken in an effort to protect patients, families and hospital staff.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Department of Health announced today the second positive case of COVID-19 for a...
Balancing work while parenting in the time of coronavirus
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...
In this age of social distancing due to COVID-19, social media is helping to fill in the human...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center has a plan for COVID-19, and has been working daily to...
Jasper Engines and Transmissions has converted one of its racing trailers into an alternate...
Tammy Lampert knows that Dubois County residents love to see old buildings repurposed and given...
Really, the process of distilling spirits and making hand sanitizer isn’t so different.