Meeting: Southwest SchoolsSeptember 28, 2018
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Held public hearings on the proposed 2019 budget. There were no public comments.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: Huntingburg Teenage Canteen to use the Memorial Gym parking lot Sunday for a fundraising event; the Huntingburg Elementary School music department to use the Southridge High School auditorium for performances this semester; and the Huntingburg Police Department to use the high school field house and weight cage as available for training.
• Approved the following field trips: the high school Business Professionals of America to attend the fall leadership conference in Indianapolis; the high school Future Farmers of America to attend the SOAR leadership camp in Trafalgar; corporation kindergarten classes to visit Trunnell’s Farm Market in Owensboro, Kentucky; and future Southridge Middle School eighth-graders to travel to Washington, D.C., in September 2019.
• Approved the following resignations: preschool instructional assistant Melanie LeClere and Spell Bowl coach Jeremy Marshall at Holland Elementary; and Title I assistant Melanie Wilkey, food service staff Courtney Hellums and instructional assistant Marie Diane Begle at Huntingburg Elementary.
• Hired the following staff: Spell Bowl coach Madeline Stilwell, instructional assistants Rubylita Fromme, Christina Sergesketter and Lisa Montgomery at Holland Elementary; instructional assistants Brittany Chavez and Jennifer Murphy, classroom volunteer Kathy Fulkerson, Title I instructional assistant Amanda Harris and food service staff Sharon Broeker at Huntingburg Elementary; eighth-grade boys basketball coach Dakota Thompson at the middle school; instructional assistant Debra Doughty, food service staff Rachel Hoblitzel, custodians Andreya Galdamez, Juana Sandoval, Paola Valenciano and Dulce Villalobos, assistant boys basketball coaches Michael Hopkins, Jeff Tooley and Drew Messmer, archery program volunteers Kade Mundy, Samantha Boeglin, Ed Boeglin, Dennis Persohn and Scott Mundy, band volunteer Rachelle Sherer and unified track co-coaches Breanne Rainey, Kendra Kern and Aundrea Wilson at the high school.
• Approved the following student teaching and practicums: Ball State University student Heather Wade to complete her principal internship at Holland Elementary; and Oakland City University student Megan Stapleton to complete a special education practicum at the high school.
• Approved retroactive pay for the unified track coaches to cover the 2017-18 season.
• Approved pay increases for Huntingburg Elementary Title I assistants and English as a Second Language assistants.
• Approved paying bus 15 driver Donovan Brunsman $40 per route for an afternoon double loop that was added due to overcrowding on buses.
• Approved the master contract with the Classroom Teachers Association for the 2018-19 school year.
• Tabled an agreement for wrap-around services with Southern Hills Counseling Center of Jasper. Wrap-around services help at-risk students get the services they need, working with schools, counseling centers, child protective services and law enforcement to aid students.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...